Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a cold air intake for my gen 2 last week (cheap $30 one off of ebay) . It didn't have a hole for the sensor that was plugged onto the stock intake. Now my RPM is like 1500 when I idle. It goes back to normal after I drive for a while. Ive looked around but really haven't found anything to help. I tried plugging the sensor in with the other hose but it doesn't do anything.

Anything would help.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
could this be a mass air flow sensor? correct me if i am wrong? but my friend ordered a short ram for his talon and he had a mass air flow sensor and he made his ideal really high and run extremely rich. im not sure but some other company might sell a cai/short ram with the sensor hole in it or might come with a sensor.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
when I got mine I had 2 vacuum hoses and only one inlet on the SRI so had to go to autozone to get a "Y" adapter to enable both sensors to see the vacuum hope this helps.
Later,
Jared

Oh and it says it on the left but I have a 90 LS

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
If it is a mass airflow sensor, then resetting your ecu will do nothing for you. Mustangs, Mirages, and many other cars have the sensor right by the filter. Apexi and K&N, I believe, make kits for the sensor to plug in right before the filter. I'm not sure on how the G2's and G1's are setup but you might be able to just hook it up to a T-fitting to make it work, like 90_integraLS mentioned.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
That is all I had to do but niether even affected my idle hooked up or not as far as the mass airflow...don't believe so (that it would be the problem) on the G2's not sure on the GSR g2's...so get a t/y adapter and then do a reset of the ecu (y/t first so that everything is hooked up and that'll keep you from having to reset again) and you should be good to go...if neither of those work it'll probably be time for you to do an idle adjustment and we have an article for that. And honestly if you changed and have been driving around the ecu should have "reset" itself with the new settings the manual is just a quicker way but if you had driven it a couple hours after the install it should have "reset" already after a period with the new settings.

Later,
Jared

1 - 10 of 10 Posts