Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 gsr and am looking for a highflow cat.

There is that little O2 sensor thing on the top of the stock cat so which high flow cats are good and do they have the plug for the O2 sensor?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
what? u have a 95 and the cat has an o2 sensor on it? i thought obd1 cars didn't have the sensors on the cat, only on the header. anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
359 Posts
i got a Carsound cat put in mine, thanks to to good advice from all TI members who recomended the carsound cat. I love that sh*t.

you can find one on ebay if you keep ya eyes open

·
Registered
306 Posts
96dc2 on Sep/07/02 said:
what? u have a 95 and the cat has an o2 sensor on it? i thought obd1 cars didn't have the sensors on the cat, only on the header. anyone confirm this?
obd1 has an o2 sensor that is located on the cat, but b4 the part where the exhaust enters the cat...

as long as the sensor is b4 the cat, you can have a bung in the header.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
It depends what model you have too. This pretty much sums up everything I've seen before.

OBD-1
LS: Primary O2 in the header collector, nothing in the cat.
GS-R: Primary O2 in frontside of cat. No O2 bung in header.

OBD-II
LS: Primary O2 in the header collector, secondary O2 in backside of cat.
GS-R (94-99) Primary O2 in frontside of cat, secondary O2 backside of cat.
GS-R (00-01): Primary O2 in header collector, secondary O2 in backside of cat.
Type R: Primary O2 in header collector, secondary O2 in backside of cat.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
surferx, you should add that to the common topics. as well as the mass production exhaust sizes. i'm sure it would really help some of the newbies like me. thanks for that info.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Good idea, yes this will be up on common topics. I'll add this too.

Carsound cat vs. test pipe on a modded N/A Integra. The Carsound is the blue line. The test pipe did not outperform the cat anywhere on this dyno as you can see. The 2whp peak gain of the test pipe doesn't even count as it was just the leftover inertia on the rollers at the end of the run. Test pipes are overrated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh, I remember that day in August.

We were also going to test Catco vs Carsound, but when Chris showed up the Catco was rattling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am finding carsound hi-flow cats on ebay for $55. although I now know it doesnt come with the flanges that you need... David (SMSP), are you still selling them with the flanges needed? If so is there different pricing for different sizes, etc? I have a 93 prelude vtec, a dc 4-2-1 header, with a GReddy exhaust. Which diameter is optimal for mysetup? I would assume 2.25 or 2.5" but is 2.5" too big?

thanks
Ben

·
Registered
68 Posts
thats a good question wutangben....i may be getting a dc 4-2-1 header soon also.....and i have a greddy evo exhaust already....i've heard that the dc headers are 2" at the collectors....??? is that correct..??? if so...does that mean i need a 2" ID hi flow cat/test pipe....??? or do i get a 2.25" ID hi flow cat/test pipe....??? but wouldnt that be stepping down from the cat to the exhaust...??? wouldnt i be choking up the system....since the greddy evo isnt 2.25" ID....its 60mm OD....???

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Don't worry about the cat being in ID, that's just the way it is, Dave said it was for installation purposes that's all. 2.0" -> 2.25" -> 2.36" (60mm) header-cat-exhaust system is perfect for your setup. Dave also sells tapered adapter flanges you can have welded to your exhaust b-pipe to get rid of the common bottleneck and smoothly transition from the cat to exhaust.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Thanks a lot for locking the other post. You say that this post compares the test pipe to the stock cat, but there is no mention of the stock cat vs test pipe ANYWHERE IN THIS THREAD. Instead of answering my concerns you lock it up Surfer... come on, you're not usually the one to do that!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The post was in the wrong forum, that's why it was locked. We've talked countless times about exhaust systems, and how it should be thought of as one complete system. Obviously upgrading to a test pipe from a high flow cat will gain nothing and this car was pretty well modified.

I doubt upgrading to a 2.0" test pipe from the stock cat on a stock 2.0" header and stock 1.8" exhaust will do anything either, as the catback is holding back whatever the test pipe could have uncorked from the stock cat.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
sms products (you can PM the owner here at TI, his user name is: SMSP)

or

ipsracing.com

Both offer the carsound w/ all necessary flanges welded on for under $200.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts