Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight guys, so here's my question. I want to get a 9006 HID kit right now and try that out in my stock projectors. If I don't like it, I'd like to do a retrofit. Will it be possible to use the same HID kit and to just swap out the projectors? It's just the projector lens that is changed, right? I could use the same bulbs and everything? Sorry if this is a retarded question, I just don't want to waste money if I decide to go with the retrofit.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It all depend. most PNP kit won't fit with the base of a retro hid projector. That why it call pnp kit for you stock projector base. With some mod it will work and i have seen it done before.

Just sell the pnp kit because the quality compare to that pnp kit with the oem is night and day.

Oh yea i am running nissan 350z ballast (waterproof tight) with tsx projector, with 4300k bulb.

Don't expect to see crazy color due to the stock integra headlight isn't made to clearify the color correctly. So you do lose some of the beauty of tsx color mod.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yes you can use your Kit but you would have to buy the Amp to D2S connector for the HID Projector. OEM versus Kits are night in day in quality but some have had luck with PNP Kits ballasts lasting.

Swapping just the lens does nothing and that is not what is required in a retro. A complete projector swap is what is done.

Color is only achieved at the cutoff line and not the entire projection of the light to the ground unless you use a higher kelvin bulb but you will loose lumens(Usable Light) the higher you go(thats the trade off).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.