Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok people...

i have 98 oem fogs on my car.. but im just curious to see if they are hid compatible...

i know that there is some kind of sheild blocking the socket headlight hole.. its only made to fit for h3's but anyone has ever messed with it to put hid's?

planning to make it shoot out yellow.. any comments?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is what i see right now from my oem fogs..

any way i can mod this please let me know..

the hid's are slightly longer than h3 bulbs.. and i dont know if the fogs can withstand the heat.?

·
Registered
537 Posts
There are two types of HID for the H3, there is one that is long and a shorter version. To see if it fits, use something like a chopstick and see the clearance length. Measure it and find if the bulbs would clear that length.

Yes they can withstand the heat, HID/xenons run at a cooler temperature than halogens.

miami13dol on Oct/04/07 said:
Not sure how our OEM ones are set up but my roomate put yellow H3 HID's in his corolla and they seemed to work fine.
The 9th generation Corolla fog lamp assembly differs from the Integra's.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but the thing is that the h3 short version, do they run on a ballast.. i dont want those ones just the bulbs that are called h.i.d's..

is there anyway you can show me a picture of the two versions of hid h3's

h3 long and short for hid's?

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
potmilkz on Oct/04/07 said:
but the thing is that the h3 short version, do they run on a ballast.. i dont want those ones just the bulbs that are called h.i.d's..
Do you want HIDs? Or do you want "HID Bulbs"? True HIDs run with ballasts....it's the oNLY way they work. The "HID" bulbs aren't true HID....they're just called that and are actually usually overdriven halogens.

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
I always wondered about this too, most people come to the conclusion of just putting Silverstars or what not into the fogs.

It's alot of bullshit to run HID's in fogs. Looks sweet when it's done correctly though!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so how about should i approch this kind of thing.. do i simply take off the cover that goes right infront of the bulb? and just stuff a h3 hid in there?

just in case people dont know..

there is about a cover about half 1/4th of a cm thick that has to be bolted on in the back of the fog, i dont think im able to stick a hid's in there.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
It'll be pretty hard since you need to get the focal point correct.

That, and the reflectors totally aren't set up for HID so they'll probably waste a lot of light.

I'd just stick with a standard bulb in there and save yourself the money and hassle. They're plenty bright with a basic 35W bulb.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gotcha...

well.. i just thoguth it looked pretty cool since is300's have the capability to use hid's in their fogs..

but i guess ill just have to go with the luminics yellow bulbs..

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yelloweggy05.. i understand the difference in a reg h3 and a hid bulb.. but someone was stating that there is a h3 hid bulb that is smaller than a what a reg hid bulb is..

from what i know.. all hid bulbs are the same light bulb size just different fittings..

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
YellowTeggy05 on Oct/07/07 said:
Quote: potmilkz on Oct/07/07yelloweggy05.. i understand the difference in a reg h3 and a hid bulb.. but someone was stating that there is a h3 hid bulb that is smaller than a what a reg hid bulb is..
from what i know.. all hid bulbs are the same light bulb size just different fittings..

Smaller H3 HID version.
were can you buy those at?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.