Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Anyone yet tried the HID conversion on the halo headlight sets yet? Is the cutoff point ok? and if it sux can i use the clear lense cover one the halo housing and put it on the OEM housing?

i did some searching and have not come up with answers and i would really like a cleaner set of headlights for my can and the halo housings really look nice and clear.

·
Registered
136 Posts
did anybody try this on there ebay halos yet???? I wanna do a conversion kit for 6500k anybody done it yet on these specific headlights???

·
Registered
136 Posts
well ricegonejdm... TELL ME ABOUT IT! how do u feel about the conversion wuz it worth it, what kit did u get, what color temp?? did u retrofit?????

·
Registered
136 Posts
do u have any pictures sorce_money, i got the ebay halos with the purple ion and the lighting is ****ty! i want 4300k or 6000k hids, which one do u think is best, i want that pure white with slight blue look.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i just put mine on today halos and hid kit, there sweet.
i had mcculoch kit and it was 6000k looks very good .
sorry i have no pics though ill probably post tomorrow.

one thing, it was pretty freakin cold out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
What's the difference between the stocks and the halos? Besides the little colored ring? The lows beams are projectors in both sets ups, so I thought?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
VitaminR on Feb/10/06 said:
What's the difference between the stocks and the halos? Besides the little colored ring? The lows beams are projectors in both sets ups, so I thought?
Thats what I thought as well. I wouldn't think that ring around them would affect light output.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
shorto85 on Feb/10/06 said:
Quote: VitaminR on Feb/10/06What's the difference between the stocks and the halos? Besides the little colored ring? The lows beams are projectors in both sets ups, so I thought?

Thats what I thought as well. I wouldn't think that ring around them would affect light output.
Yes .. stock headlights & halo's both use projectors ...

But its NOT the "rings" that affect the dismal light output.

The halo's are just not nearly as high quality as the OEM headlights and thus don't emit nearly the same light spread and light control.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
if you bought a set of ebay halos for 150-220 dollars, DO NOT PUT HID's in them.... You will permanantly damage your lights. Matrix racing and some ebay sellers sell quality HALO projectors that meet or exceed OE standars.. but of course your going to pay for it. They cost around 300 dollars. Dont be fooled, light output on the cheaper lights ARE HORRIBLE. My cousin has them on his civic and at first he didnt care because he really liked his lights and now he wishes he would have just kept the OEM because the novelty wore off and basically hes driving blind at night.

*cliffs: IF you want Halos, get the more expensive ones, it will cost less than Putting HID's in cheap ones. If you HID cheap halos, you will melt them, plain and simple.

·
Registered
537 Posts
eonflux on Feb/10/06 said:
if you bought a set of ebay halos for 150-220 dollars, DO NOT PUT HID's in them.... You will permanantly damage your lights. Matrix racing and some ebay sellers sell quality HALO projectors that meet or exceed OE standars.. but of course your going to pay for it. They cost around 300 dollars. Dont be fooled, light output on the cheaper lights ARE HORRIBLE. My cousin has them on his civic and at first he didnt care because he really liked his lights and now he wishes he would have just kept the OEM because the novelty wore off and basically hes driving blind at night.

*cliffs: IF you want Halos, get the more expensive ones, it will cost less than Putting HID's in cheap ones. If you HID cheap halos, you will melt them, plain and simple.

what do you mean they will permenantly damage the light? i have a set of halo waiting to be installed when the weather gets warmer and an extra set of hids. i know that the output for the halos are going to be like crap thats why i was thinking about the hids.

·
Registered
136 Posts
we need to hurry up and settle this topic so many people have the same question so how bout this: Has anybody had any HID melting problems with their ebay halo's, regardless of price, we just want to know???????

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
we have a few HID articles, why not take a look through them you might learn something new.

melting? why would anything melt? maybe the wiring, if you dont supply a direct power source from the batt, but the plastic housing will not melt, they are not that hot, and there is no direct contact from the bulbs to the plastic

some HID articles

1 - 20 of 50 Posts