Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What supplier(s) have you guys used for your HID components? I'm looking at using Philips ballasts (either the LVQ 212 or the XLD 145).

I already have some D2S capsules and some retrofitted headlights. The system I have has a blown ballast, and I would like to replace both of them (or at least have a backup).

The working ballast doesn't always fire (you have to click the lights on a few times to get the HID to fire). I suspect that it's the relay. I was considering getting one of the harnesses like THIS oNE since it's plug and play and draws power from the battery directly. I suspect it would look a lot cleaner than what is currently under the hood.

What vendors have the Philips ballasts for the best prices? Would you guys recommend the LVQ 212 or the XLD 145?

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
XenonDepot sells just the ballasts if you need them. XenonPros and XenonFactory also sell full Philips kits.

There's no difference in performance between the LVQ and XLD ballasts; the only difference is that the XLD is smaller since the ignitors are in a separate box (very small). I'd say get the XLD if you can since it is much easier to mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.