Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mike i read ur article about the hi flow cats. I can see that the carsound flows really well(close to a test pipe). My situation is this atm i have a hi-flow cat already(not carsound, not quite sure of the band) you think its really worth to change to carsound in terms of performace? or will theperformaance be negligible like 1/2-1hp?

·
Registered
684 Posts
there's really no way to tell unless you know the manufactorer or have your's tested.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I don't think I'd be writing articles here on my spare time for the suggestions to make only 1/2 hp or gain you no time at the track.

The key isn't just the aftermarket cat by itself but how the cat works with the header and exhaust to form a complete system that extracts exhaust flow TOGETHER as a unit. If it were just a stock header and stock exhaust and then you added only an aftermarket cat, the system is incomplete and doesn't do it's function. If it were just an aftermarket header and after market exhaust, a stock cat would put the kaibosh on the system and slow flow down making the exhaust system again...incomplete in it's function. If there was only a stock header and stock cat and you added only an aftermarket exhaust, the exhaust system functioning as a complete unit would be....incomplete. If the system only had an aftermaket header with a stock cat and stock exhaust, the system would be.....you guessed it....incomplete., etc. I think you can figure out the other permutations and combinations I haven't stated.

So you see itr144, the aftermarket cat COMPLETES the exhaust SYSTEM so that it can now work as it should in it's job to release power from the engine that was being held back by an incomplete choking SYSTEM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My setup is 2.5" mandrel bend custom exhaust, jdm header and 2.5" hi-flow cat(but im not sure of the brand).

But im just wondering wheter changing to a 2.5" hi flow carsound cat is worth it if i already have a 2.5" hi flow cat.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
If you don't know what brand your cat is now, how do you know you don't already have a carsound?
Anyways, it's tough to say whether it's worth it to change to the carsound when you don't know what you have right now. With the information provided, it is impossible to say how much better or worse a carsound cat would function in your system.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Unless the flow of your High flo cat is much less then it will probley not be worth the money to change to a Carsound cat.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Ken, the Carsound cat body is longer and wider than stock cat's body. I have the dimensions in that article. Plus there's pics of both the old and new models that don't look anything like a stock cat in the article at the top. That's how you know if you already have one or not

Secondly go back to that cat article Zigtar and look at the stock cat flow numbers as independently tested by Comptech.

then look at the Carsound cat flow numbers for the 2.25 in.

it's not even close....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts