Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come to do a rebuild on my car.
I've put lots of highway miles on her since i've purchased it and it's starting to show signs of wear and tear.

I've done all regular maint., plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fluids, fuel filter, fuel pump, o2 sensors.

the problem is she's got a rough idle which causes a misfire. and since it misfires the OBD2 diagnosis systems never reset.
It failed inspection and i know that unless i fix the engine it's never gonna get through. Not to mention she burns oil and stuff like that.

My problem comes in where i'm not sure where to send the stuff to get redone. I've looked around and a lot of places charge over a grand for jsut a rebuilt bottom end.

I have a fully functional garage, son of a DIY-er. I've got plenty of mechanical knowledge at my disposal with my dad and older bros.

I can take it all apart an avoid that harsh $60/hr mechanic fee. but i don't know where to send these things to get a quality job without having to pay as much as whta's left on my car payments.

Does anyone know of good shops in the area where i can get a quality rebuild?
i'm in the process of doing a compression test and a leakdown but i'm pretty sure the rings and seals are starting to go. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
My friends dad that owns a shop goes there for machining. And I also had a friend who had his chevy heads ported there. I havent heard anything bad about them ever, except they are a little expensive.

Haledon Auto Parts
273 Haledon Ave
Haledon, NJ 07508
(973) 595-8200

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
he is looking for an inexpensive alternative guys. I would also like to know about this. Although it wouldnt be that expensive for me since I am going to seperate the block and head myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.