Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I highly suspect your catalytic converter is plugged up based on all the symptoms you're describing. You can remove the primary o2 sensor to create a temporary "bypass" for the blocked exhaust gases to escape. You car will run in open loop mode and turn on the CEL with the o2 sensor removed and disconnected, but if you get some power back, then you'll know the problem is a plugged cat.

Yea somebody told me that my catalytic converter might be plugged... But also when I replaced the TPS sensor the car would not hassitates as much but the check engine light came on after replacing it brand new, I ran the codes and 7 came, when I try to calibrate it I can't get it to be .50 as much as I play around with it all I get is .07 and at full throttle 2.73 would it be a faulty TPS sensor???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
My car doesnt even idle unless the tps is at .77 range and WOT is set, I just changed my TB to a Skunk2 and calibration issues with both oem and ebay tps. Have to turn the throttle stop up to achieve idle like when I was tuned, if I dont the car is loopy. But all is good now, No CEL and idle issues, idles solid with all accessories on. Dont know why I cant get the idle to .48v but it idles better higher, cams cause this ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have a 94 integra LS standard transmission. My car is hesitating when acceleration. I have changed the distributor and the spark plugs. it also hesitates while revving. it usually hesitates when the acceleration is pressed hard. when the acceleration is pressed slowly, it doesnot do that. when driving, the car hesitates to move pickup speed. it feels like its being hold back by something. i have to let the acceleration go and press it again.
Were you able to fix this problem on your car????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yoo mike i have an issue similar so i got this ecu with a “chrome” tune and i connected it after removing my stock ecu mind you my integra is a stock ls non vtec “obd1” and now i put my stock ecu on it bogs or misfires and is hesitant when i try to increase speed and it doesnt go unless the rpms catch up at about 6500 too 8 basically a redline and when im cruising it feels like it wants to take off and just go faster what do you think it is ? The MAP issue ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a 94 integra LS standard transmission. My car is hesitating when acceleration. I have changed the distributor and the spark plugs. it also hesitates while revving. it usually hesitates when the acceleration is pressed hard. when the acceleration is pressed slowly, it doesnot do that. when driving, the car hesitates to move pickup speed. it feels like its being hold back by something. i have to let the acceleration go and press it again.
j
I highly suspect your catalytic converter is plugged up based on all the symptoms you're describing. You can remove the primary o2 sensor to create a temporary "bypass" for the blocked exhaust gases to escape. You car will run in open loop mode and turn on the CEL with the o2 sensor removed and disconnected, but if you get some power back, then you'll know the problem is a plugged cat.
I had the same problem I believe and it was a clogged fuel injector. I have a 98 integra ls. To test this have the motor running and unplug one fuel injector molex plug (which is the electrical wire plug thing going to each one of the injectors) one at a time then put it back. If you unplug a fuel injector cord the engine should sound different and start to misfire. if you unplug one and it doesn't make a difference that means the fuel injector is bad/clogged. simply take a flathead screwdriver and a hammer and firmly tap the bad injector and this might free whatever is clogged in there. then make sure you put fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank. if that doesn't do anything just replace the bad one or all injectors, that is if you get something out of doing that test.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts