Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 integra LS standard transmission. My car is hesitating when acceleration. I have changed the distributor and the spark plugs. it also hesitates while revving. it usually hesitates when the acceleration is pressed hard. when the acceleration is pressed slowly, it doesnot do that. when driving, the car hesitates to move pickup speed. it feels like its being hold back by something. i have to let the acceleration go and press it again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i would check out. plugs, plug wires, dizzy, rotor. clogged or dirty fuel filter. and i think clogged catalytic converter can cause a similar affect. just a start. i know u said u replaced a few things. sorry.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Could be a fuel issue like a partially clogged filter. Possibly the tps sensor which you can test with a multimeter.
Does the car idle fine or do the rpms fluctuate? Are you throwing any codes?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
That sounds like a MAP sensor issue. If the MAP sensor is faulty it will not properly compensate the fuel and can cause the hesitation. I don't have my helms with me, but I'm sure there is a resistance test for the MAP sensor.

-Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
on my way home from work it would have a hard time accelerating and it wad backfiring...i just replaced the MAP sensor and it still dont pick up

·
Registered
86 Posts
My car idles fine 800-900 rpm but it's wen I take of that it don't pick up and if there's a slope going up hill like up a drive way it bogs it has no power at all it's till 4000rpm that it runs good but to get to that it hassitates really bad... And now it started to backfire on my way home from work.....any suggestions on what this problem could be..?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
440 Posts
check cams/crankshaft alignment, cam(s) could be off a notch or two on the timing belt.
bogging drove me nuts til i fixed that. dorman tps ftw, eff u blox!:(

·
Registered
86 Posts
check cams/crankshaft alignment, cam(s) could be off a notch or two on the timing belt.

bogging drove me nuts til i fixed that. dorman tps ftw, eff u blox!:(

Already checked that and it's fine, I bought the tps sensor see if it fixes my problem, also why is there pins instead of screws on the tps to hold it down, the new one comes with new screws

·
Registered
440 Posts
because automotive engineer ar$ehole$. if you have a dremel you can cut slots in the pins
and unscrew them. i think i just started drilling on the plastic till it pretty much fell off lol.
use bolts instead of screws so you can torque it down good. philips head dont cut it imho.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are you not getting any cel ? I say fuel filter then fuel pump. But I'm sure if the problem is enough to lose all power like that then its enough to throw a cel or something that can help us pin point your problem

·
Registered
86 Posts
I replaced fuel filter and the car for sure is running rich because I had half a tank and ran about 45miles and then had to pump gas again cuz it was empty within 45miles.. So I'm going to check for any cel and check my fuel pump

·
Registered
452 Posts
I highly suspect your catalytic converter is plugged up based on all the symptoms you're describing. You can remove the primary o2 sensor to create a temporary "bypass" for the blocked exhaust gases to escape. You car will run in open loop mode and turn on the CEL with the o2 sensor removed and disconnected, but if you get some power back, then you'll know the problem is a plugged cat.

·
Registered
531 Posts
check your brakes if all else fails,i had two sticky rear calipers,got new ones bled system and good to go rollin 40 everywhere now,on highway the speed is back on,

1 - 20 of 33 Posts