Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have this weird problem on my 94 rs
i have no CEL
a few min after startup , i get this refusal to advance normally under normal acceleration ( 10-30 % THROTTLE )
if i floor it , it goes no problem
i jsut cant drive normally for a while after every startup ( cold/hot makes no difference )
problem seems to go away after 5-10 min of driving

i initially thought this is obviously TPS related , so i cheked it
idle .48 V ... WOT 4.48 ... which is Perfect
i also cheked the range , while slowly moving the throttle to WOT , i was observing the voltage , there is no gaps and every increase in throttle position is matched by a voltage change .
so my conclusion TPS is fine ...

to solve this , i drive with my TPS disconnected , and the problem/hesitation never occurs during this time ,
once i replug it , comes back

so WTF is this lol

anyone has siggestions ,

can it b the MAP , ??

for some reason im suspecting somethign wrong with the O2 sensor
thx

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
i have been experiancing the exact same thing for like 6 months now. and yea after reading this i disconnected my TPS and it ran fine besides idling like poop. anyway, did u ever figure out the problem or anything?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
well just because the sensor is functioning boesnt mean that the signal is getting to the ecu ok or the ecu is processing the signal correctly. I suggest you check the resistance in the wire to make sure there isnt a break. And then try swapping ecu's with a friend to see if that solves it. I has similar problems after a swap, but i had my tps and map plugs reversed. But i also had a cel...just ideas. Your on the right track though.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
StatGSR on Jul/27/06 said:
i have been experiancing the exact same thing for like 6 months now. and yea after reading this i disconnected my TPS and it ran fine besides idling like poop. anyway, did u ever figure out the problem or anything?
Well i think i have fixed my problem. i just replaced my O2 Sensor. and the problem hasnt come back yet in 2 days (when it usually happened every time i drove), and i hope it stays that way. so basicly im just happy it was only a $40 fix.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm having this issue and my idle seems low. I just had the spring bolts and gasket replaced on my exhaust today and it started happening. Havent done a tune up in a little while but I'm thinking its something else. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
tegggy on Jul/21/07 said:
I know this is an old thread but I'm having this issue and my idle seems low. I just had the spring bolts and gasket replaced on my exhaust today and it started happening. Havent done a tune up in a little while but I'm thinking its something else. any other suggestions?
the one from the exh. mani to the converter. I wonder if I have a clogged fuel filter??

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Hate to bring up an old post, but Im having this EXACT problem. I've had to be driving with the sensor disconnect so Im not shuddering trying to cross intersections.

I've tried 3 different sensors and get the same issue every time.

only thing I haven't checked is the ground for the sensor which is on the tstat housing apparently.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've had this issue for a while as well- engine stalling/surging at low throttle when coasting. The initial thought was TPS but it tested out smoothly through the full range, especially at the low end where things were flaky. When the stall/surge would really be bad and throw a code would be when the humidity is high. The code thrown would be high voltage on the secondary O2 sensor. I would clear the code after a day or so or when the weather changed and it would be fine for a while then act up again.

Talked to a guy at a local speed shop and he suggested it might be the primary O2 sensor reading bad but it's registering at the secondary. This makes sense because the primary works with the engine management to regulate air/fuel and so forth whereas the secondary is only there to measure the catalytic converter efficiency. So I finally just replaced both the primary and secondary O2 sensors and things worked great, even in high humidity- until we got a big rain and the primary sensor apparently got splashed on and crapped out. But, this time the CEL code was for the primary O2 high voltage. I finally got the code to clear after more than a week of trying but I'm going to replace the primary again and send it back. I'll let everyone know how that goes. I used the NTK universal O2 sensors talked about on other threads for both, but I'm going to replace the primary with the OEM Denso just to be safe.

Since it took getting swamped by an SUV to kill the sensor which now apparently works more than a week later, maybe something shorted and it took this long to dry out and work again. The sensor sits upright on the exhaust header so maybe water got in back of the sensor where the wires enter and bridged the gap which would be evident by the high voltage reading. I'll check it out after I replace it.

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
yo guys im having the same problem its been about a month and a half now that im having this hesitation and or shuddering. I recently replaced my entire exhaust on my 00' GSR from the cat back. i had a cel for a while i replaced the cat with an OE style cat and a new exhaust straight from honda. The hesitation started a couple weeks before the CEL came on and would come and go. the hesitation happens around 45mph-65mph but its only with in those 20mph that it happens. If i floor it its fine if i hammer the car and redline all gears the car is a champ and no CEL as well so im confused. FYI i changed my plugs wires cap rotor ignition coil pcv valve and my fuel filter and the cars runs and idles way smoother but still this problem... im hearing from other sites its the tps anyone have any ideas???? please get back to me thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
I just replaced my primary O2 sensor and that has seemed to fix the problem. only took it for a quick drive, but it works.

Edit: so far so good!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.