Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good to see more Canadian members. Progress looks solid. Let me know if you're ever thinking about going auto-to-manual... got most all the parts and no international shipping :driving: lol.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
for sure man. I recently got to know a fellow TI member here in calgary lol. and I def thinking about the swap. but just not yet.

maybe when the motor/tranny fails, I'll drop something new in. I do feel it'll be soon since I feel the tranny isn't grabbing gears properly lol.
but its nice to have the support from fellow members

·
Registered
68 Posts
Calgary? Too cold for my blood lol.

And yeah it's definitely nice to have the support of the community here, especially when they're local. Speaking of local, I need to find some members out here on the west coast up for lending a hand... I'm going k24 since my timing belt let go a couple of months ago (hence the reason my trans and associated parts are available). Best of luck with your trans... hopefully it doesn't die before you're ready to swap!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Calgary? Too cold for my blood lol.

And yeah it's definitely nice to have the support of the community here, especially when they're local. Speaking of local, I need to find some members out here on the west coast up for lending a hand... I'm going k24 since my timing belt let go a couple of months ago (hence the reason my trans and associated parts are available). Best of luck with your trans... hopefully it doesn't die before you're ready to swap!
Hahah yeahh its not everyones cup of tea but we manage. It beats paying hell amount of taxes those. 5% ftw!!! Lol wait your going K24 after your timing belt snapped?.

And thanks much appeciate it. I'm just waiting for it to give out giving me an excuse to drop a B18C5 5 spd lsd into it. Or just do a 5spd swap and boost it.
Either way once. 5spd is in I wanna boost with upgraded internals too

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey quick question about the wink mirror. I was planning on getting one since the stock rear sucks but I was afraid it might hang too low and block some of my view. I'm 6'1. How far does it hang down from the visor bolt?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey quick question about the wink mirror. I was planning on getting one since the stock rear sucks but I was afraid it might hang too low and block some of my view. I'm 6'1. How far does it hang down from the visor bolt?
the stocker does suck ahah. i barely shoulder check cause i basically can see a car on my side mirror and the mirror. uhmm. the way i got it hanged is just about the drop as the stocker mirror. but it just goes to one side of the car to the other. you can adjust the arms to push it back so it touches your front windshield, if it blocks your veiw.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hahah yeahh its not everyones cup of tea but we manage. It beats paying hell amount of taxes those. 5% ftw!!! Lol wait your going K24 after your timing belt snapped?.
And thanks much appeciate it. I'm just waiting for it to give out giving me an excuse to drop a B18C5 5 spd lsd into it. Or just do a 5spd swap and boost it.
Either way once. 5spd is in I wanna boost with upgraded internals too

Yeah I suppose the taxes are a bit nuts out here... although my wife is native so she pays ZERO tax on anything from reserve land which, here in town, is pretty much everything. Hell we don't even pay tax on cars! lol. :biggrin:

As for the broken timing belt = K24 thing... I was always under the impression that a broken timing belt meant you had to do a ground up restoration of the ENTIRE car including swapping in an engine with a bunch more hp and tq... or at least that's what I told my wife lol.

Originally like you I was thinking B18C5, but after researching a ton I've decided on a k24a2 with some fun goodies. My build is still far off though so I wont clutter your thread with my nonsense. I'll make sure to stay tuned though, especially for the big changes like a motor swap or 5 speed swap. Keep the updates coming.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yeah I suppose the taxes are a bit nuts out here... although my wife is native so she pays ZERO tax on anything from reserve land which, here in town, is pretty much everything. Hell we don't even pay tax on cars! lol. :biggrin:

As for the broken timing belt = K24 thing... I was always under the impression that a broken timing belt meant you had to do a ground up restoration of the ENTIRE car including swapping in an engine with a bunch more hp and tq... or at least that's what I told my wife lol.

Originally like you I was thinking B18C5, but after researching a ton I've decided on a k24a2 with some fun goodies. My build is still far off though so I wont clutter your thread with my nonsense. I'll make sure to stay tuned though, especially for the big changes like a motor swap or 5 speed swap. Keep the updates coming.
I haven't paid tax on my car. well I'm pretty sure I haven't lol.
well it does make sense to go k24 after the timing belt esp if it snapped at high rpm/speed. Bent valves/wall damage/etc

Yeahh my swap is still pretty far away. and I'm still saving up money.
BROKE COLLEGE KID FTL !

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
07/04/12 Wooooo Happy Independence Day for the US (yesterday was Canada day)

Hey guys, ever since I had my teggy, I've always wanted an OEM ITR or Mugen Gen 1 wing. Luckly today i was found a shop that had an itr wing and it was a great price too. $50 !!!!

The wing itself wasn't the mint condition but it had no damage at all. Just need to be repainted. With that be said, i finished painting it earlier today. For now, which is a temp thing, I just plastidip'd it until I find my paint color to paint it. It may look satin black in the picture but its flat black in real life.
Sorry didn't get any before pictures. I got impatient to paint it.

Also I picked up a blox 21mm sway bar with adjustable endlinks a week ago (endlinks not in picture D-OH). My ES bushing came in today and will be putting the RSB tomorrow or wait for a bit until my asr subframe brace comes in (hopefully friday or early next week.

I think I might order some vinyl to wrap the trunk and the filler piece in between the bumper and tail lights

Sorry for the instagram picture (Follow me on instagram: TheKCamacho. Shameless plugin)

say HAROOOO to domo

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

i also got my hid's from vvme. no problems.
The winglets installed Looks great! very aggresive look. Did you have to bolt it on to the lip from underneath?
All is looking very good.
Your fogs are def unique on there;
suggestion: get the fogs that fit in the 94-97 front & it'll look MUCH better.
Cheers!
:beer:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good stuff! keep it coming.
Let us know how it drives after you put on the RSB
Winglets look so fierce.
What are your plans next?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
BALLER STATUS Brace

(07/06/12)

My day started off as doing a oil change on my brother's outlander and parents volvo . When I finished my parents volvo, I got a call from Speedoptions, the shop that gets all my parts for me, saying that my ASR brace came in. But he didn't tell me what color came in cause I had a list Purple>Gold>Silver brace. Drove to the shop and went in nervously. Greeted by the shop guard cats lol. Ray(shop co-owner) went to the back and grabbed the box that the brace came in. I wanted to get the box opened so I could see what color they were able to get. Opened it and to my surprise, they got my purple ASR Brace. WOOOOOO ! Brought it all home and started to do the install.

As I was doing my install, I got held up by the 10+ years of winter driving and its effects it had on the bolts and etc. And to add insult to injure, my garage started to take in water cause it started raining hard.

So I got all the parts that I need to do my ASR brace + 21mm RSB setup.
Whooop. All the goodies at one time. Got held back from rain entering and 10+ years of rust from winter

(07/07/12)

So day 2 of install was a better day since all I had to do what connect the endlinks and the LCA together. Got the wheels back on and sat the car on ramps so I could have no preload on the RSB and the endlinks to be perpendicular to the ground.

I need to get a catback. The OEM gallon car gets in my way when I was doing bolts on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
the red doesn't contrast too bad with the purple when looking at it from above pics, looks good man... I went with similar setup, bwr brace, usdm itr bar and prothane poly bushings

ps. first few turns will rock, especially when rear doesn't jerk anymore

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yeahh, I don't mind the color difference. Looks sweet lol haha
I was gonna go BWR but I figured if I paid an extra $20 I could get an ASR brace. I wanna get FF LCAs but I can't afford them just yet. Might save up.

And as for the few turns, I did a full out slalom and mountain/rally course (tarmac). Felt pretty safe and neutral. And when I was heading home, the almost full circle exits getting on to the highway felt as I was going slow when I looks at my speedo was around 80km (60mph). My math might be off on the km to mph conversion

21 - 40 of 80 Posts