Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm getting some H&R OE Springs from a TI member and I was just wondering if anyone around UCF has the tools to help me put them on. I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get, as I don't have any jackstands or anything down here. :( Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I used basic hand tools and with the help of a buddy did the whole job in 5-6 hours, and that's including a stripped allen key slot on one of the stock shocks!

As long as you PB blast the crap out of the rear lca's, you should be good with hand tools and some elbow grease. I bought some spring compressors from discount for like $30 bucks and that was about it.

Tools needed:
Floor Jack
Jack Stands
Spring compressor
Socket set (10,12,14,17) I believe...
Allen key set
Open ended wrenches (same as above listed socket sizes)
Possibly a breaker bar

Just follow the article on here and you should be golden. Both of my rear LCA's broke loose without too much trouble and my car is a 97. Good luck!

*Just read you don't have a jack or jack stands. You can get a decent set from discount or another auto store for less than $80.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, Ketu or Linx, you guys want to help me? LOL. I was hoping I could find someone with spring compressors and jackstands and stuff so I wouldn't have to go buy them right now. I just don't really have anywhere to store that stuff in my dorm. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.