Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I did a search and was completly screwed up. I seen where people were saying something about 37 - 43 offset would work. I have a 93 integra and it has 205/40R 17's on it. I'm thinking about getting new rims but I have no clue as to the offset on them or what offset I should get. As far as I know the car has not been lowered. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
9,719 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry maybe you didnt see the part where i said i was confussed by all of the differant replys when i did the search. I was wondering what the offset would be for new 17's since the car hasnt been lowered and it has 17's already on it

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Yeah but if you went through the posts, you would have seen what is recommened. You have to understand the concept of wheel offset.

That image alone with the information on the last link should have helped you grasp the idea. Its something that you must understand to pick a good offset.

The wheel diameter does not dictate wheel offset, but rather the wheel width.

The red line is where the wheel would theoriticly mount to the hub of the car. Looking at that illustration at the left, you can see that with the same wheel width and different offset. It would cause the wheel to tuck into the fender well more. Provided you have enough space in there, it will not rub the inside fender well.

Looking at the illustration at the right, you would have the same offset, but when using wider wheels, it will cause the wwheels would extend equally on both sides. However, with this method you would have to make sure you have enough clearance on the outside so it would not rub the fenders.

Quite honestly I don't know where this thread is going since you already have 17" wheels that work for your car at he moment. Just look at the offset it has and get the same size and offsets. You will have answered your own question and not have issues with it rubbing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
im pretty sure i have a big offset cause my rims and part of my tires stick out from the wheel well (i could never tuck my 17"s) but is this a good thing or a bad thing.. does this mean my car handles better because of a wider stance? and is it harder on my suspension components?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.