Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first. I have a 2000 LS. stock motor nothing special. I cleaned out the motor with degreaser and a hose. I was very careful, and covered up everything that i had a second thought about. Pretty much everything important plus more. After i hosed the car i waited tried to dry some then started up the car shortly after. The car was on and running fine, but i noticed the spark plug wire was a little lose. So i pulled it out thinking i am only running on 3 cylinders. When i took it out i heard click click click, so i put it back in. The car didnt bog down or anything, so i did it again.. Click click click..car dies. And will not start.

First i thought i had water on my plugs..waited a day tried to dry them. Still nothing. Then today i replaced my plugs. The car turns and everything turns on electronically, but the car just will not get a spark. Is it my distributer, or what else could be the cause of this. Why did the the car make the click/clunk sound when i pulled out the wires. I have seen friends do it and it just bogs down. Pleaes help me get my car started

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is long.

on a side note i also got to paint my wheels. The note card idea worked awesome.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Check the dizzy, see if there are any issues there.. go through all wires and try changing out your plugs.

How long did you have the plug out for? If it was a short time there should be no problems, if it was for a while then you could have potentially washed your cylinder wall (with fuel) and damaged a sleeve.. (highly doubtful but still could happen)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the wire was oout for maybe a couple seconds..the clicking noise scared me, then i wondered why it didnt bog, but it just shut down.

We tried to check the dizzy, my friend thinks its cracked from water getting into it. There is no spark from any of the wires.

·
Registered
380 Posts
This same thing happened to me a week ago i pressure washed my engine bay and water got to my plugs my car would bogg really bad and then shut down.So i had to get all the water out from the plugs and then i changed the spark plugs fixed the problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
See if your distubutor is plugd good and there is no water in it and open your distrubutor cap if there is water in it clean it out with dry plug spray and then put it back thogeter if it dose not work try noking on the distrubutor while some one is trying to start the engine it that dose not work try reseting your computer take the battery clamp off and then while ben off take the negative and positive thogeter and that will reset it tht means it has no electricty in and then wait for about 5 minutes or something. or it could of been your distubutor just old and it could also be an ignition switch there is so many things when there is no spark..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well so far i got New spark plugs+wires new dizzy cap+ rotor and a new coil. After installing the coil i turned on the car, and i tjust kind of turned on then stalled really quick. and now its back to not turning on. please help me.

Is there anything i might have messed up while i was installing these things.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOOOOO i just got it running. i tried a jump but it was doing the same thing so i gave it some gas and it started..

damn This is one of the best feelings you can have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.