Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wassup guys. My friend and I recently picked up a black teg dash out of a wrecked 01 gsr. We wanna start it tonight and finish as quick as we can. I just want to know if it's a fairly easy thing to do...or should we expect to be there for awhile?? We don't have a Helms manual or anything to help us...should we get one or is it do-able without it?? Any tips or advice would be useful...thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
thats a HUGE undertaking w/o the helms manual.. theres loads of bolts and screws and of different sizes and types..

not much to say to help unfortunately, except "good luck"

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WooHoo!!! 2 1/2 hours to take off the old dash, kickpanels, armrest, center console, etc. AND put on the new ones. No manuals either! I'm so happy...started at 6pm and was in the house eating dinner at 8:45pm. I have the day off tomorrow and i thought i was going to be doing it all tomorrow, but i guess i can enjoy the day. :D There was, however, one small problem. After everything went back on, the "maintanence required" light came on. I don't know why it's on now, because I never touched anything except the interior stuff. :confused: Maybe the car knows that the new dash is a little dusty in the vents and needs cleaning. Does anybody know why it might have come on? Is there a way to turn it off?

P.S. Oh yeah, MorningZ...you had me a little worried when you said there is bolts and screws of all different types...but it was all 10mm or 12mm. The rest used a philips screwdriver.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link! Maybe I better go through all of those articles one day when I'm bored on the internet.

Sorry, I didn't take pics. I was just trying to hurry up and get it done because it was my last day off until school starts. But I think it was very easy to do. I don't really think that any of the screws were really hiding. The only part I had a hard time with was getting the dash to come off without removing the steering wheel...after a few tries, I found the right angle and it came right off. Other than that, it's just unscrew and unplug the wires...then install, plug in the wires, and screw in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts