Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from a previous link here what is something close to Gliptone Swirl Free Polish, Klasse AIO, and Klasse SG? i can't find these at any of the auto shops by me. the surface is really rough, and fuzzy (i can hardly see through. i want to try to smooth it out before i put the clear coat on. here are a couple pic's what do you think???

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I used turtle wax polishing compound on mine, worked pretty good. If that is too mild, I think turtle was has a buffing compound as well. I know a lot of people here hate on turtle wax, but it worked pretty well for me .I got mine at walmart for $1.99 Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
homeslice229 on Apr/12/04 said:
I used turtle wax polishing compound on mine, worked pretty good. If that is too mild, I think turtle was has a buffing compound as well. I know a lot of people here hate on turtle wax, but it worked pretty well for me .I got mine at walmart for $1.99 Just a suggestion.
thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
what did you use to cover the reverse lights when you painted everything else red? i'm in the midst of doing the same to my altezzas but still getting ideas on how to tape those off...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Well you were suppose to clearcoat while the paint was still partially wet. The clearcoat would give it a nice smooth glossy look.

As for it being to dark how many coats did you spray?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i put on 3 coats, and i used masking tape for the rev lights

·
Registered
453 Posts
I painted my euros just the other day, and I did it exactly like you. I taped off my reverse. It looks really sweet. I cut out static tape and just put it on there. It clings onto the taillights, and very easy to take off. But yeah, when I painted my lights, it had a very rough texture to it, but after I clear coat it, it was nice and smooth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts