Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I want to install a fake alarm LED in my car. Basically it will be there as a theft deterant, so it looks like there's an alarm there. Of course if u kick the car, there won't be a siren but whatever, you get the point. So can anybody help me or explain to me how I can hook this up?

·
Registered
617 Posts
it should be a 3 wire hook up

red is just a 12volt constant (either first male blade terminal to the left of the fusebox or you can tap into the white wire at the igniton harness)

black is ground

yellow - tap into the ignition wire (black/yellow wire @ the main iginiton harness)

so when the key is off the LED will flash and with the key to the on position the LED will turn of

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my friend gave it to me, it's a high intensity led for electronics, he put a resistor on it to make it 12v. but come to think about it, some led's have 2 and some have 3 wires. i'll just make sure i get one that has 3 wires i guess? or can 2 be used?

oh ya, i might hook it up to a switch so u can turn it on and off manually. although hooking it up to the ignition would be better, it's probably harder. but then again, hooked up to a switch it might be difficult to make it flash...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
generally just the plain 3 wire led are dual color so that won't solve your problem...get a relay and wire your current led up...
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
use a flashing relay for a turnsignal....but....it would need to be triggered with a second relay since the turnsignal relay needs constant 12v, so when the car is off the relay closes, sends 12v to the turnsignal relay which flashes the led...

sounds like a huge waste....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts