Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have read both articles, the "how-to" and the "why should" i just want to know what all im going to have to take apart, will i need to take the valve cover off? and the ecu thing. i put a paper clip in it and all that and leave the car idling to time it, after i have timed it what do i do? should i turn the car off put the ecu back to its original position and then turn the car back on and chill? im kidna confused about it but i really want to do this

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i know i need a timing gun, ive already got all the tools needed. but thanks for the help. my friend knows more about this than i do but he wasnt too sure what needed to be done.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Uh.... It's simple. You just unbolt your distributor and twist it until your timing light shows your desired results.

I'm not even sure you have to jump the service connector. Half the time you're supposed to do this or that to adjust something on your motor it's not really necessary.

Like unplugging your IACV to adjust your timing, there's no need if the car is warmed up, etc.

But I'm no expert, and a little OT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.