Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is my dilema.
i have a 95 se(ls) and it is an auto. i want to sell and now i have a buyer for 7 thousand. my parents said it is up to me but i know that means if i sell it i am on their bad side for years to come. the car i am looking at getting has a fully built engine and i will even have a little money left over for college. I want to race (legally) but it is illegal while i live in this house. waht should i do. i told the buyers that it is up to my parents and that i want to sell it but they don't want me to. I wish i had money to use a fortune teller but i geuss ti will work. i think i will probably not sell it though. wise men show the right direction.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I dunno if you'll like my advice but here goes:

You can't be older than 18 since you still live with your parents, so lets do some math.

16 or 17 + speed, usually = accidents.

Ok thats one.

Another point. You live with your parents, as do I still. I respect my mom in every way shape and form and if she doesn't want me to do something, I take her advice on it. Guess what? She's been right every single time. Plus, I have to live with her, so if I do something she doesn't like, guess what...I'm going to hear about it for a long time.

Thats 2.

Third point is the fact that you're spending your college money on a car. Here's my take on this. Pay for your education!!! Get good grades, get a good job, and get paid good, and THEN you can buy the car of your dreams and smoke everything. Mom and dad can't tell you what to do then.

Thats 3.

Good luck with whatever you decide, though.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i paid for my car in full. when i bought it. the money in the bank was all from me. now i will just have 1500 more in teh bank cause i sell mine for more than the one i am buying and i seriously don't drive fast. i know it sounds like i am lying but i am not. i stay within 5 mph of speed limit. cept of freeways cause i go with the flow. and you make lots of sense though. more than any of my friends i have asked for advice from. thanks

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
i would never buy a car that wal already worked over. Maybe some aftermarket bolt ons, but definitely not a fully built engine. Its just not worth it unless you know the history of the car. And if you know your cars is in good condition, has alot of life, and u like it, then keep it, and id have to say my parents are damn near always right.

·
Registered
880 Posts
There is a reason acura redesigned the g2 integra after 1993, it sucks. Don't buy that unreliable piece of junk. No offense to anyone who has one but cars get better the older they get and its really not worth 1500, you'll end up spending that on problems u dont know about until u drive the car. your current integra is a sunk cost, dont try and make money with it, use it to save you money in the future.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do what you want....the whole point of having parents is that they should understand that this is yer hobby. You're bound to piss them off in some way or another anyways.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
I wouldnt diss on a g2 just cause you dont have one and you have an opinion, any integra g1, 2 or 3 will give a long time of use if theyve been treated right, and im not saying this because i have a g2, i dont, but i dont see where your coming from with that comment. haha and its the same engine you got in your car, so h9ows your unreliable piece of junk?

·
Registered
624 Posts
The decision is yours. Letting people tell you what to do is not always good advice. However, your parents are probably right and you may need to fix problems on the car in the near future thus draining you of your $1500 leftover. Even if you don't sell your car to buy the other one you should still try to make your parents see things your way. If you explain it to them even though you tell them you're not going to do it they may actually try to pay attention and be reasonable.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all the input. i think i won't sell my car. Though i only enjoy racing and snowboarding i geuss i have to drop racing. i can do it but i just don't win. as to what hondork said i have pissed them off enough already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts