Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just bought and installed an aem cai today. anyway my problem is that the tab on the pipe that you bolt on the fenderwell doesn't line up w/ the hole. has anyone had this problem? or should i just need to maneuver it some more? right now it's not bolted down. is it okay to leave it this way? also i left the coolant hose alone, but i did connect the supplied breather hose to connect the nipple on the pipe and the valve cover. that hose seems a bit oversized at 1/2".

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
96dc2 on Sep/09/02 said:
the tab on the pipe that you bolt on the fenderwell doesn't line up w/ the hole. has anyone had this problem? or should i just need to maneuver it some more?
Try fiddling w/ it by the TB to see if you can line the tab and hole up. Try moving the intake pipe a little closer or further from the TB. Or rotate it a few degrees away or closer to the winsheild area. once you find a position where it lines up then go back and tighten up the rubber connector hose by the TB.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
There's alot of room to play with when sliding the pipe into that rubber hose clamp so just move it around until you get it. I wouldn't run with the AEM w/o the bracket bolted down. Even with it bolted down there are some issues with the pipe rubbing, it would probably really bang around alot if it wasn't bolted down at all.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for the help. well even it there was banging, i wouldn't hear it because my exhaust is pretty loud. btw my ride is a 96 gsr if you guys didn't already know.

·
Registered
256 Posts
In a few days check to see if the pipe is rubbing on a line/nut (I think it might be an a/c line??) to the right just as the CAI goes in the hole in the body.I super glued a .10mil piece of rubber on the CAI between it and the nut.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks some more..yah i read that thread on a/c line rubbing already.

edit: ok finally found time to fix it. ok i just moved the pipe around the throttle body and evenutally lined up the bracket w/the hole. everything is fine now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts