Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my 95 LS and all of a sudden my car starts stuttering when i hit the gas. at first i thought it was the fuel pump b/c it was only when i hit the gas, but the car started, so that idea was dropped out. Then I check the spark plugs, distrib., wires, almost everything that had to do with a tune up and they all checked out ok. So i took it to goodyear and they did a compression test and they said there was no compression in the fourth cylinder. They said either broken valve spring or piston. Can anyone give me a second opinion on why there would be no compression in the 4 cylinder, any cylinder for that matter? Any help apprecated, and can you tell me the price of a valve spring ( I am guessing like 5 bucks) and the price of a piston(are they sold seperatly??)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I drive my car extremely cautiously, no redlining or anything of that nature, just normal driving conditions....The shop was full of arrogant mechanics who were of no help...I guess they thought I was illiterate to cars.....They did not tell me the results of the test, they only gave me this slip of paper that said " Found # 4 Cylinder NO COMPRESSIoN" "May have Bad VALVE or Piston"...Which baffles me because wouldn't I have noticed something different the past few weeks, heard noises? I didn't think this just happens in an instant, I thought it takes time??

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you can you afford $30 to buy a compression tester I'd recommend it. Perhaps they meant it wasn't holding compression rather than just "0"? Many shops are professional and will show you the results. Is there ANYTHING else unusual about the car other than the studdering...smells, sounds?
Try taking it to a local repair shop rather than a chain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts