Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light came on about 6 months ago right after i put extra air conditioning **** in my ..thingy. im so high. but i never checked the codes until today (six months later) and it says this:

P0172 System to rich (Bank 1)
and the next code was
P0420...I kno what ur thinking..But it really was P0 ...420. So.. the next code was
P0420 which is Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

I tested the MIL Status and verified that indeed it was accurate and working. I have recently changed my spark plugs to NGK Iridiums IX and I change my oil regurarly. I was ****ign with that screw i read about in the "how to change ur idle" article..the one it said i was supposed to adjust slightly to raise idle (yes i followed instructions about disconnecting the harness yadayda) but it never raised my idle..i think that messed with my A/F..but that was like 6 months BEFORE the check engine light came on.so i don't know wether i caused it or my car is just a piece of ****. or what. . so any advice would be appreciated dont flame me cuz i getz HI

Also i kno the codes were stored and not pending because they did not have the emblem indicating pending status. but rather they had already graduated to stored status. thus beginning their life as a real code. i also use 93 octane religously..
2000 integra gsr 94k miles

·
Registered
291 Posts
P0420 is usually a bad converter, or hollowed out converter. Too rich can be from alot of things usually jacked up fuel pressure, or misadjusted valves. What other mods do you have?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.