Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hydrolic poles that hold my hatch up have been getting worse for the past couple of months. I is really frustrating now because i have to HOLD the hatch up when i'm putting something in the trunk. What do i need to do to fix the problem? Do i need to replace the poles completly? Have some one add hydrolic fluid to the poles? lol, i really don't know how it works. Sure holding up the trunk is a great workout......but i think i would like to fix it. Any input will be great.

Thanks,
JR

·
Registered
231 Posts
JBuff41413 on Feb/02/06 said:
The hydrolic poles that hold my hatch up have been getting worse for the past couple of months. I is really frustrating now because i have to HOLD the hatch up when i'm putting something in the trunk. What do i need to do to fix the problem? Do i need to replace the poles completly? Have some one add hydrolic fluid to the poles? lol, i really don't know how it works. Sure holding up the trunk is a great workout......but i think i would like to fix it. Any input will be great.

Thanks,
JR
Yeah, it happened to me too. You need to replace the entire pole on both sides.
You can buy them on ebay to save some $, just type in either "integra hatch struts" or "integra Hatch shocks".
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
check at your local rv (like motorhomes, not quads) store. most of the rv stores will stock them, and they are fairly cheap. i got a set for my crx for 7 bux a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
you will be able to install th em yourself, mine died also, and i was able to replace them on my own...
the thing about not replacing them is if u'r lowered and have a stiff ride, it will start rattling whenever u go over a bump because those struts usually hold the trunk up even when its closed so it wont be held up eventually when the struts fully die and itll start rattling, happened to me and its embarassing when u have a grl in your car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.