Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can u guys help me out where to mount my ground wire for my amp on gen 3 tegs. all suggestions will be helpful. thanks. by the way im hookin up 12" subs Infinity Kappa.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'm almost positive this has been covered before, but if you seek a response, you probably need to tell where your amp is located. A generic response is any bolt, remove the paint from the area, use star washers, rinse, repeat.

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
well, then you used somewhere else other than the pic above, which is fine...

but the bolt on each side of that aluminum brace across the back doesn't have any paint near it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you got a drill do it right. IMHO. Stay away from the gas tank. Get a bolt that will fit through the ground wire connection, a lock washer, a nut, sand paper, and spray paint or silicon.

Find a place in the spare tire well.
1. Drill a hole
2. sand away the paint
3. Put the ground wire on the bolt and insert into the car.
4. Then ratchet away on the bolt. Make sure the lock washer's on the bottom. (<<<Yeah, I know you know that.
)
5. Then paint or silicon over the head to combat corrosion.

If you think you'll be disconnecting everything a lot. I compete, so I'm always changing my system. Get conducive hardware and an extra washer and nut. Put the head of the bolt on the bottom of the car so the threads are on the inside. Install one washer and nut. Put on the ground wire, then install the last lock washer and nut. That way you can always Add and remove grounding wires by just unbolting the one nut.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I popped off the door on one of the rear wheel wells (clearly visable in the pic.) and ran the ground under the plastic...there is a good bolt to use in there.

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
CustomGSR on Feb/15/04 said:
If you got a drill do it right. IMHO. Stay away from the gas tank. Get a bolt that will fit through the ground wire connection, a lock washer, a nut, sand paper, and spray paint or silicon.

Find a place in the spare tire well.
1. Drill a hole
2. sand away the paint
3. Put the ground wire on the bolt and insert into the car.
4. Then ratchet away on the bolt. Make sure the lock washer's on the bottom. (<<<Yeah, I know you know that.
)
5. Then paint or silicon over the head to combat corrosion.

If you think you'll be disconnecting everything a lot. I compete, so I'm always changing my system. Get conducive hardware and an extra washer and nut. Put the head of the bolt on the bottom of the car so the threads are on the inside. Install one washer and nut. Put on the ground wire, then install the last lock washer and nut. That way you can always Add and remove grounding wires by just unbolting the one nut.
ack! why drill a hole in your car that you don't have to?

sorry, i find the above reply as absolutely horrible advice....

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've competed for 4 years, and have been an installer for longer. I believe in doing right the first time. I hate to tell you this, but it's not going to warp the chassis buy drilling a hole in it. I've also tested the bolt that you recommended. It averaged a half a volt loss over that horrible advice you pointed out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts