Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my circle of friends it is generally considered common knowledge that no one can kill a car as well as I can kill a car; last weekend that changed. I went to help a friend diagnose her car, it had blown up in the fall while driving on the highway. Now, we never found a specific cause, but it's a total loss; pistons, block, valves, head -- all trash. She just wants to drive the car, down the road at some point maybe put some work in to it, but for the purposes of this conversation, we're just trying to get it on the road. Our problem is simple; we cannot find a motor. I have looked in deep corners of the internet and hovered my mouse over things that should never be clicked on, yet, no motor. Where should I be looking? Just looking for a basic replacement long block, if it comes with the ancillary goodies then great but they aren't needed. Oh, this is an automatic car too and we're located in West Michigan, FWIW.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried LKQ online or your local JDM importers?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I need to try LKQ online again, I did something wrong the last time and it only showed me the self-serve lots. I'm not familiar with any local JDM importers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just go on eBay and search jdm b18b or jdm b20. You’ll find a bunch of jdm importers selling lower mileage jdm motors on there.

if it’s just a stock no frills commuter, low compression b20s are dirt cheap and would work great.
I installed a low comp b20 in a friends commuter not long ago. The engine cost me $700 shipped to my house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts