Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove it, I got a g2 teg.

I'm trying to unscrew it, counter clockwise but it wont move. I'm I doing something wrong or do I need to REALLY turn that knob the hardest I can...cause I tried turning it real hard...

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Is it a short shifter? Are you the original owner? It's not an automatic is it??? Ha Ha

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I got the same problem...I have a short throw shifter and a civic type R knob...came with the car when I bought it and the dang thing won't come off!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
let me tell you from experience if its the screw on knob original to the g2's you gotta put some torque into it. boy i almost broke my hand tryin to get mine off..

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
mine is actually loose feeling...you can twist it a couple turns in either direction but then stiff...the threads must be screwed I guess...no way to tell for sure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha ok I see, yeah I have the original shifter.

Thx I'll try to turn it real hard...btw jojo, maybe I'm crazy but your nickname reminds me something...do we know each other...from another forum?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No wait, my problem isn't resolved. The reason I wanted to remove the shiftknob was to re-attach the shiftboot to the shiftknob. To do that I need to screw even more the shiftknob till it reach the shiftboot.

How the hell do I do that, I tried screwing it as hard as I can but I came to a point where it wont move anymore. Could the shiftboot have been glued to the knob originaly?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.