Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a daul gold stripe thats goes around both sides of my car

i am assuming its was done at the dealership because this stuff isnt like a regular decal i could tkake off with a razor its not peelable its almost like it was painted on

does anyone have any tips on how i could properly remove this because i hate those friggin gold stripes!

·
Registered
681 Posts
i guess your talking about the racing stripes. Just start peelin they should come off, also i heard a blowdryer works well.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they dont peel every method i tried didn't work

will a blow dryer damage my paint?

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
you'll never make it go away 100%

first thing i did when i got my car is peel off the pinstripe...

many years later (have had my car 3 years now), you can still see a hint of where the stripes were since the paint under the stripe had 3 less years of direct sunlight.....

·
Registered
879 Posts
I know my 95 teg had painted stripes yes they were painted. Not sure what you can do about it short of having your car repainted. I just ran a quick search on the net and didnt turn up too much you may be able to use a mechanical buffer to remove them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took my stripes off last fall. I used some M1 decal remover. It's kinda like Goof Off. I rubbed it on with a shop towel and then scraped at the stripe with a plastic ruler edge. It took me about an hour and a half. Right after I washed the finish with car wash soap so it didn't affect my paint job. That's all. Now I don't have the gold stripes on the side of my car Teg anymore. Use only plastic to scrape it or you WILL damage your paint.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have a 98 and i pealed off those stripes in 5 min. just pulled the end and it all pealed in one peice. why are you guys having so much truble? i did it in the rain would that make a differance?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have removed a lot of decals off of a lot of things but nothing looks quite like this

it almost appears like the decals are painted on

there is no edge to pick at because it really doesnt have a "raise" in it like a normal sticker or decal does

usually i use a special razor and go at it using a specific angle and method

i attempted this in a unnoticible spot and began to scratch the paint so i stopped immeditley

hmmm even after looking at the 3 searched threads (thank you tony) i still don't see my options

i would never use a adhesive remover on my car unless it was citrus based and even if i did i am positive this wont help in this case

if anyone has any other suggestions i would really appreciate it

and thanks to those that have already helped

·
Registered
400 Posts
i know what you're talking about KING, i had pinstripes on my car that were like painted on or baked on as well... i had to get it buffed off with some rubbing compound....very carefully....u dont wanna burn a hole in your paint...and dont buff one spot for a long time...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have tried just about everything with no luck i think the dealership applied the striping then baked it on

sucks i cant remove it

·
Registered
400 Posts
have someone buff it off for u man....it made my car look soooo much better without it... i think it looks soooo stupid with pinstripes...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when you say buff it off what does that mean exactly?

how much will that cost?

·
Registered
400 Posts
what i mean by buffing...is to have it machined buffed off with some compound....im not sure how much it costs... you mite wanna ask around if any of your buddies have a buffer...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts