Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Do you think I need a camber kit or just alignment on the rear tires? After this picture was taken I got the ingalls camber kit with alignment because I had it lying around my house. Noticable difference in handling after the fronts. My car is DD and sometimes autocrossed. Shoot me your .02. BTW the drop in the picture is =to drop in real life.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Your autocrossing that low or you autocrossed before it was lowered? Have you had an alinment at all since the drop?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. DD thats how low I drive. I have had only alignment/camber kit on the front tires since I dropped it, now my predicament is should I just align the rear tires (adjust toe/caster) or do you all think I need a camber kit as well?

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
It does but a camber kit will allow you to adjust it.

I'd get a camber kit if your going to keep the car that low. And of course an alignment is needed.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
lol Bob, I lowered my car just in the front as low as the coilovers would let it go just to see what it looked it, and my oil pan was about 1 inch maybe a little more off the ground.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heres my experience before and after I installed the front camber kit after I dropped my car to that height.

BEFORE: Negative camber was so bad that it actually inhibited and compromised my turning and handling. Tein suspension was really being tested as it felt every single bump and dip in the road.

AFTER (camber kit on front tires+control arm grindage and alignment [toe set to 0, caster adjusted, balanced rear and front] on all four wheels): While I still had a "very slight" negative camber in the front, the handling and my turning was greatly improved. Ride quality also greatly improved. Bumps that I once felt began were EXTREMELY dampened. Stability of car 10X better.

Now its on to the ingalls rear camber kit and re-alignment. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

I don't really have many pictures of the underside of my car, but I'll try to take later this week when I have more time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.