Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've removed my headlights from a 96 teg, and I would like to paint the housing, can anyone link me to an article on how to do this?
I've searched, but was unable to find anything

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I just painted mine. I used a High-Temp black paint from plasticote. You may want to give them a quick swip of some acrysol to clean any debris or dirt and grime you may have on them. I taped the little lip opening where the projector sits. That way I have a chrome ring to asthetically look complete and not just some black hole. I'm running Hella ECE E55 Bi-Xenon projectors in mine and they run at a cooler temp then your halogens projectors do, so I would make sure to get at least 1200 degree temp. You can find it at Wal-Mart in the automotive section. JDM ain't got nothing on these.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
haknslash2003 on Apr/19/04 said:
I just painted mine. I used a High-Temp black paint from plasticote. You may want to give them a quick swip of some acrysol to clean any debris or dirt and grime you may have on them. I taped the little lip opening where the projector sits. That way I have a chrome ring to asthetically look complete and not just some black hole. I'm running Hella ECE E55 Bi-Xenon projectors in mine and they run at a cooler temp then your halogens projectors do, so I would make sure to get at least 1200 degree temp. You can find it at Wal-Mart in the automotive section. JDM ain't got nothing on these.
Got pics?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yeah, I don't have any daytime pics yet. These are pics of my Hella HID Bi-Xenon Projectors on at night with the painted housings and the other is the paint and factory bezel. I'm getting some new lenses so disregard the pitted old ones.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Its not a seperate bezel. You simply apply masking tape over the round ring looking part inside of the housing. If you look close at my 2nd pic of the paint, you will see a flat looking area in the center (you can barely see the tape). Thats the part you tape up. Refer to my 1st pic to get the finished outcome. Easy as 123.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts