Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this problem with my power door locks on my 96 integra. When the door is open the locks wont work on the drivers side. You cant lock the door when its open with the power locks, with the key or just trying to do it by hand. The door will lock when it closed but it kind of defeats the purpose of having power locks.
Someone please help me figure out what is wrong with my locks.

THX

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
man i hate that feature

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your locks are this way because it's meant to be this way. It is a saftey precaution so you dont lock your keys in your car. If you want to lock your doors while the door is open you have to hold the handle to the open position then lock the lock by hand.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i've gotten so used to the feature, that i'd probably still lock my keys in the car...heh

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you hate the feature so much, why not just get remote keyless entry? My alarm came with keyless entry so now all I have to do is press a button and both the doors lock, its much better than having to hold the handle in...

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have the opposted problem... i cant unlock my doors when my door is opened. i try to unlock it with the powerdoor switch and it gets jammed and locks all the doors by itself. please help guys thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
prolly the same thing my civic did that like the other guy said buy keyless entry you wont lock your keys in the car anymore cus youll have the thing that locks it in your hand. if you want just keyless you can go to circuit city for under $150 if you want an alram they start at $200 and go up and over $1000 and the 150 for the keyless and the 200 for the alarm are DEI brand (viper, avital, rattler etc.) and thats the installed price.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
there are two ways to override this feature--
1) do what was mentioned 3-4 times (hold the handle and lock) this shuld break the override--
if not
2) put your key in the ignition and do it--
this overrides the comp. defineatley if its obd1
unfortunately if its obd2 it sometimes resets on its own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts