Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know those dots are water marks but those fine scratches how can I get rid of those? you can only see them when your like 5 feet away but I wonder whats out there to get rid of them.

it seems like my car scratches real easy too..whats the cause of this?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I think it's also important that once the problem is fixed, they don't come back. What products are you using to wash? Steel wool and sand paper?

Kidding, it's kind of tough to not get any light surface scratches. Atleast for me.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Clay doesn't remove scratches. In fact, clay creates scratches. That is why polishing is always the next step after clay.

I would suggest evaluating how you are washing and drying your car to start with. That is where most scratches and swirls come from. As far as getting rid of them goes, you have to polish them out to get them gone. It isn't a job that can be done by hand, so either buy a Porter Cable polisher or take it to a detail shop and pay the same amount you would have paid for the polisher to have someone else do it for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can try this yourself and it works, Get some 2000 grit wet sand paper the key to this is to no sand alot just enough to take the acid rain marks out and it will also take some of the scratches out, your paint is going to be faded your going to think it will never be shiny again, but you will need to buff it with a medium aggressive compound the to a polishing compound, or you can do what blackasnightls said and take it to a pro to get done

·
Registered
419 Posts
oh yeah, dont use the brushes at self-wash car washes either - if you wash here, say bye bye to paint!! think of how much dirt sits in those things. personally i would start with the cheapest solutions and then work your way up to the more expensive and skilled solutions - because at least this way if you F-up your paint sanding it, at least your tried everything else that would have been cheaper first!!!!

just an idea.

·
Registered
814 Posts
For a really cheap and easy solution, try black wax. I have those same marks on my paint, it is also black. Granted, the wax won't cover it all up, but you'll definitely notice a difference, also make sure to apply it generously. only downside is, you'll have to reapply every few weeks to keep it looking the same. I gave up on my car because my oxidation makes those marks look good. I nickname my car Michael Jackson because it was black, now it's turning white.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.