Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all... I am new to this forum and just getting the hang of how all this works. I have a 1997 Acura Integra GSR and love it. This is my first Japanese Import car I have ever owned and Im realizing that you can put alot of money into these things.

So I need a bit of advise, I've been so frustrated lately on trying to figure out how to spend $1000 on my baby. Should I go full coilover adjustable, Headers, Exhaust, Sway bars??? I just installed a new set of GSR Blades and Kumho tires. Now its time for something else. I have a Injen cold air intake, but other than that its all stock... Thanks for the advise...

·
Registered
811 Posts
go full k sport coilovers with a type R rear sway bar with the bsq kit!!!!

the ksports are like 650 from tunerz image. and the sway bar with the bsq kit will only cost around 100. hell get some poly urathane bushings to go with.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Sounds sick, lets see pictures!

First thing for every integra should be lowering -- depending how low you want to go, you may need camber kits. For the suspension setup, I'd recommend koni yellows and ground control coilover sleeves. These can be purchased together for $775 shipped, and are EXTREMELY high quality. Plenty of people here, including myself, roll on them, and they're just awesome. If you want full coilovers, it will run you more for quality, and some other people will be able to input on that... for down to a 1.5" drop, you won't really need a camber kit as long as you get a good alignment. Lower than 1.5", I'd recommend a camber kit -- skunk2 and ingalls are good brands for that.

After that, I'd recommend tint. You'll love it, but be sure to spend the $$ on high quality tint like solar guard or 3M. Depending on where you're from, a good tint job will run you $150-$250.

This site thrives off members who research, so check out the articles and search the forums for topics regarding suspension -- and of course, check out all the common topics, they'll likely answer many questions you might have.

Also, enter your state into your profile and check out the local forum, get to know some of the other local 'teg owners and go to the meets, you'll love it!

And lastly, welcome to TI!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I highly suggest that you make sure everything is working fine A+. Take care of anything that may cause future problems. If the car is due in for a tune up I would also suggest you take care of that as well. Clean up the teg also. There's nothing that looks better than a clean teg inside and out. Also, I would take the time to read up on our articles and take the time to make your integra safer. Remember thieves are always on the look out for a helpless Integra. After that the rest is all spending money.

Well other than that....Welcome to T-I!!!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
exactly what you said. coilovers, headers, cat back exhaust, sway bar. is what i'd do

·
Registered
48 Posts
TURBO! haha , not yet

def get suspension, these cars handle amazing with a good suspension b/c their double a-arm design, also, make sure to get a sway bar, that made the biggest difference in response into corners. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
yup yup suspension man, dont bother with i/h/e and computer tuning and etc. that will suck up ur money so quick but ya suspension is the best first upgrade in my eyes, just under the original maintenance, like Mok3sp33d said! gl man on whatever u do

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
ishbog on Oct/05/07 said:
Actually, before ANYTHING, go secure the teg. Fuel cutoff, good alarm, hood cable relocate and protection, door lock relay, etc. THEN start modding.
X2 than if left over than drop it... doesnt half to be coilovers like Ksport but that be nice to have adjustable ride height.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, thanks for all the support you guys and thanks for welcoming me to TI... Well, when I first got the car 1 year ago I didnt have an alarm installed yet so I left my door unlocked all the time. Me being stupid, I had some stuff in the trunk like CD's, some clothes, and what not. I didnt realize that the trunk release lever still works without power, and I got caught slippin. I figured I rather leave the door open for the theif, if they want to get in they will and I was avoiding a broken window.
So what I did was I unhooked the cable for the trunk release and spent about $400-$500 on a Viper security system. Then I made a fuel cut-off switch.

Then I hooked up some beat...

Recently I just purchased a brand new set of GSR Blades and a new set of Kumho Ecsta's 205/50 15, so now there is where Im at. Its a daily driver, so I want to maintain as much of a comfortable ride as possible, and lower it just a litttle...
thanks again for all your advise...

·
Registered
79 Posts
you can make a kill switch for about $2.50

so now you have $998.50 left to spend.

if you want an exhaust id recommend the top fuel exhaust. itll run you about 500-600.. but its amazing.

as far as what you should get.. that really depends on you. what are you using it for.. how do you drive? going to the track? beater? fun? experience?

my best advice... take that 1000 and put it in the bank. cars are horrible investments.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
SECURITY!!!!!!!
KILL SWITCH
HOOD RELOCATE MOD
HOOD LATCH COVER PLATE
NICE ALARM ( if not happy with yours)
PWR DOOR LOCK RELAY MOD

after that.....

Start with a really good set of brake pads (makes WAY more difference than most people think), and then try to reduce the unsprung weight of the car. Aftermarket LCA's would do pretty well.

Finally I would put an ITR rear sway on, and maybe throw on an ITR style lower trunk brace.

Maybe you will have a lil cash leftover for small cosmetic things.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.