Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the deal, I'm really clueless when it comes to car audio...can u guys please suggest some nice speakers for my car at a decent price range,i'm thinking 100-200(cheaper is fine but not more), i just want the old stock ones out of my car, it's getting pretty lousy..i don't plan to ran an amp or sub since i have pulley kit.

i'm currently looking at the sony(XSHD160G) and pioneer premier(TS-E1690) and pioneer(TS-D160R), will they fit nnicely??can i mix and match??i kinda prefer look and performance at the sametime.
thanks
Z.
p.s.i have 95' LS.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well looks don't come too much into play with speakers since they are hidden behind the speaker grills.

Anyways, yes you can mix & match brands on the speakers. I'm guessing you just want something that's gonna sound nice. I have a pair of Clarion 5.25" for sale HERE if you wanna take a look at the specs.

You can either stick with 5.25" in the front or upgrade to 6.5". Rear is 6.5".

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
JL audio makes very nice stuff, when u get serious I know a place in manhattan that gives a good price on most stuff they have. Plus you can bargain.

I'm probably going to get JL audio or MBs 6.5" components in the front and a nice pair of 6.5 in the rear, (unless I can fit 8" subs back there) and if I can't fit the subs I'm going with a bazooka, cause the huge box in my trunk is way too heavy and big.

As far as I know, the size is both 6.6 in the rear and front.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a set of 6.5" Ultimate Components and they are pretty good. Actually they kind my stock speakers in the behind! And they are just powered by the deck, no amp! Imagine if I had an amp for those puppies!

·
Registered
532 Posts
100-200 per pair of speakers or all together.

get infinity's

o, and if you cant take apart the door pannel or remove the whole back area dont install the speakers on your own....

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
dei (directed audio). image dynamics. cdt audio.

yes, they are all affordable too. ie 150 and up for 6.5" components. cdt even offers free rear coaxials.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Memphis, Infinity Kappa, Mbs, Alpine, Orion, Soundstream, PPI, etc. etc. etc... they all great speakers you just have to listen to these different brands and see which one you like the best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with listen to them, and pick the ones you like best. I'd suggest going to your local audio shop and listening to a few different speakers. I personally like JL the best. Even there lowest model, sounds really good. I also like infinity kappas, but they are starting to get out of your price range.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
look into spending just a little more, liek $60 more, and get the Alpine type-r component speakers. you get two 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 mids, and 2 dome tweeters and 2 crossovers... not a bad deal at all, my friend ryans got em in his corolla... their nuts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts