Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, to make a long story short...I have R-1 coilovers (yes, i know, cheap-o) and I have KYB AGX struts. From sitting for months and months, the struts are now pooh. The car bounces like hell. 'Cept for the right rear. which is froze-up solid. So, here is my new plan:

Tanabe DF210 springs. Approx. 2-2.5" (50-60 mm) drop.

Spring rates: Front- 4.1 kg/mm (that is 9 lbs/ inch ?)
Rear - 3.0 kg/mm (that is 6.6 lbs/inch?)

Certain applications come with bump stopper. My question is, how the hell am I going to figure out a good shock that will compliment these springs ? Someone please lead me in the right direction or help me out. Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
there are plenty of threads with useful strut info, and i would just go with some H&R springs or nesupeed springs and a koni strut, what makes you choose a tanabe spring?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
With that kind of drop, it really limits your shock selection. Konis (both red and yellow) can handle a pretty decent drop. Also, I'm not sure how you'd figure out the spring rate. I mean if you just multiplied the pounds by 12, you'd normally get inches. I don't think it's correct in this case (unless your pounds are off), because if it were, your spring rates would be:

Front - 108 in/lbs
Rear - 79.2 in/lbs

Those rates are more than half of the stock spring rate. So, that cannot be right.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how I got those numbers for the lbs/in and stuff. lol I think I messed that all up.

I'm not sure why I picked Tanabe...maybe cuz I have the strut bar and exhaust ?
Anywho...

I've read some of the threads here about struts, how they work, blah blah blah. But I couldn't figure out what would've been a good match for these springs. I was thinking maybe the Tokico Illumina.

How does that sound ? If not those...then the Koni Yellows were next.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Those seem rather soft, Tokico Illumina's would be fine. You may considers Tien springs for that drop too, with 336 lb/in Front, 274 lb/in Rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts