Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

Well my battery is 5 years old and it just died yesterday and I know its the battery for sure because its been starting to lose its power for a while now. I did a jump start and it started fine, my battery charger shows that it is no longer holding its charge.

Anyway I was reading about the Optima battery

on this post

I don't have any significant electronics, no stereo system in fact I don't listen to my stereo at all anymore. I am supercharged at 6psi and running a boost and oil psi gauges.. I also have HID.. nothing else.

My question is according to the post the 51R is the correct fitament for the yellow top optima battery for our cars.

Which model is the correct fitament for the red top? I don't think I need a yellow top. What interested me about the red top is that the Optima website said the red top is insulated against heat, since I am running FI the motor obviously runs a little hotter and I thought it was be a good idea for my application.

Anyway if anyone knows if there is a red top that has a direct fitament to stock location let me know. Or any other battery brands you might reccomend.

People have expressed that Optima batteries are defective and will give me problems.
I have a friend who said he can get me an Optima yellow top but without a warrenty so Im not sure what to do. Im not sure I trust it now.

I cant find any of the brands other ppl reccomended, including: Odyessy, Dyna-batt, Duralast etc.. No stores carry this, and even my local Acura dealer said batteries are out of stock but will have more in by tomorrow. Who knew finding a battery would be so difficult!!

Please help, if anyone knows of any local shops that sell good batteries in the GTA let me know asap.. I appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have seen Optima batteries in the past at Costco, Walmart around my place has them. I know some places at Pac Mall have them too.

I don't know much about the Optima batteries but my battery died about 2 months ago and got the Motormaster Elimnator battery and I like it, I am not running FI like you however but I do have HIDs and a little stereo and it seems to be doing fine. Look into that battery if you can't find anything about the Red Top.

The Elminator comes with a 2 year warranty too and road side assistance I believe and when you take back your old battery they give you $5, lol.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
parts source didnt have any batteries to fit imports except purple haze which was $200 .. crappy tire batteries are terrible batteies never buy those anyone.. its utter garbage.. you think all batteries are the same? Think again. That battery will leak and won't last more than a year.

I appreciate all the suggestions but I ended up getting the stock battery but I did get a discount from Acura so it only cost $70. No other brands are available locally.

Too bad I really wanted something more light weight, next time I guess!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.