Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everyone, I have narrowed my subs down to these specifics. I will be usuing 1 JBL BP1200.1 amp for now because I currently have that. Here are the choices for the subs:

(2) 12" Alphasonik 600 series ($400)

(2) 12" Solobaric L7's ($450 approx)

(2) 12" Adire Shivas ($280)

(1) 10" Adire Bramah ($380)

(2) 15" Solobaric L7's ($550 approx)

I will be getting a custom ported box for whatever setup I chose except for the 15" Solobaric L7's, i will get a sealed box if I get those. Keep in mind, I will be running a JBL BP1200.1 amp, so what would yall choose? I listen to mainly Hiphop, and I have an integra coupe. I am SOOO confused!!! Please help, I will be purchasing by tomorrow evening or day after sometime. My previous setup was with (2) 10" L7s, I want it to be louder! thanks!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I say Solobarics, I have one 10 in my car with 600w going into it in a sealed .8-1.0 cubit foot box, and it pounds! Two 12s would be LOUD. To retain some clarity I would almost say go with two 10s, but thats up to you!

·
Registered
318 Posts
what i have to say that i ahve no had a complaint with is running the Alpine Type R subs....im running 2 of the with 2 MTX 801D amps....and it HITS....i dont only mean it hits...i mean H I T S!!....lol...but thats IMO

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
cmathes on Feb/12/04 said:
To retain some clarity I would almost say go with two 10s, but thats up to you!
To retain clarity, he'll have to switch brands. Anyway, get the two 03S15L7's and call it a day. It's loud, and the sound quality is...

...it's loud. And it's hip to be square.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fyberoptik on Feb/12/04 said:
Quote: cmathes on Feb/12/04To retain some clarity I would almost say go with two 10s, but thats up to you! To retain clarity, he'll have to switch brands. Anyway, get the two 03S15L7's and call it a day. It's loud, and the sound quality is...

...it's loud. And it's hip to be square.
lol

·
Registered
739 Posts
Believe it ot not, solobarics can actually produce some fairly clean bass in a nice box. I have a similar setup to Z with a fiberglass box in my trunk, sealed, about .9 cubic feet or so of airspace, S10L7 with 600w going to it. The bass is very clear and actually pretty tight compared to many setups I have heard. Thats just my personal opinion!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Go with the adire shivas. These are amazing subs. I have one in my car and it sounds awesome. I know they are kinda unheard of, but I did my research on all the car audio forums, and it sounds that if you want a SQ sub, the shiva is the way to go.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright everyone, I went and checked out the new Alphasoniks. There is a new stereo shop open in town and one of my good friends from High School opened it up, When he heard the way it sounded in my car, he said he wants to use my integra coupe as his demo car for competitions etc...he is going to give me the 2 12" subs with a custom poted box with the acura symbol done on it for FREE! It sounds pretty good, not too bad, but hits much harder than my 10" L7s because it is in a ported box. That is just my opinion, I dont know much about this brand at all, but it sounds decent, more towards SPL not SQ, All I know is I am getting it for free, so I wont complain haha...once I have gotten used to the subs, ill post again and let you guys know if it is worth buying or not. Thanks for ALL of the help, I really appreciate it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts