Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i had bought 4 3way pioneers from best buy. but after looking around and reading some i see that maybe i can get a much better deal and sound on sumtin else. ive been looking into infinity. at cruchfield (just to look and not buy cuz they expensive) i found infinity reference 6002si for 99$ a pair, but on ebay i found the same ones for 55$ a pair<<<<< good deal? do they sound good??

also on ebay i found kappas for 82$ a pair<<<< good deal?? sound good??? whats the diff. between reg. infinity and the kappa series.

any and all help welcomed and appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
i have some infinity reference comps in the front....i dont know if the ones ure lookin at are componants or just regular 2/3-way...

but damn my comps have some highs...they sound real clear...but ive turned down the treble cuz they can get really high
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
hey man try and and find a retailer locally...just take a few hours that you have free and go listen to speakers...you'll be glad you did...order online by all means but listen in person before you order them.
Later,
Jared
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,080 Posts
I have the 6002i (the same as the 6002si but the 6002si is shallower = easier to mount). With the 6002i, if you want to use the stock grill, you will need to cut the basket big time.

Is it worth it? I'd say yes. Make sure you power them with an amp, your deck will not have enough oomph to drive them for sure. Extremely good treb, even if they're not component speakers. I'm not sure how good of bass they put out, since I used a sub in the back and I shut off all my bass up front. Sounds damn good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did go to a couple of stores, one being the best but that i was at. but as i listened to the pioneers, the music they were playing couldnt do them justice. and also since there were other people there i couldnt shut off all the speaks and just listen to the one i wanted. it didnt sound bad but i couldnt get to listen to infinity as they dont carry them.

cuz i mean, i already got the pieoneers but needed to know if anyone would recomend the infinity so i can return them and order offline. i might do that either way seeing as how much cheaper they are online
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
i had pioneers in my car, infinty kappas, and Polks component sets, and what i woudl say is this..... if u are gonna run good subwoofers in ur car and only need the speakers for the highs, defintly go with the kappas, they sound amazing, with no subs they sound liek sh*t. most pioneers i have ever heard just sound good, they have a nice full sound, can easly make em sound good with no subwoofers. Polks i would reccomend if ur gonna run like a really really simple subwoofer, or no sub at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
blazinxracer on Feb/10/04 said:
i did go to a couple of stores, one being the best but that i was at. but as i listened to the pioneers, the music they were playing couldnt do them justice. and also since there were other people there i couldnt shut off all the speaks and just listen to the one i wanted. it didnt sound bad but i couldnt get to listen to infinity as they dont carry them.
As for the music take in a CD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
i'm going to go against everyone and recomend against them. I have the 6002i's in the rear of my teg, and within a month they turned sh*t. They arent amped, just run off my pioneer deck(which shouldn't have near enough power to blow them), and the are acting like they are blown to crap. They did sound real real nice for about a month though....
Ryan
-also, i don't rag on them hardly at all and never allow the sound to be distorted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
G3gocart on Feb/10/04 said:
i'm going to go against everyone and recomend against them. I have the 6002i's in the rear of my teg, and within a month they turned sh*t. They arent amped, just run off my pioneer deck(which shouldn't have near enough power to blow them), and the are acting like they are blown to crap. They did sound real real nice for about a month though....
Ryan
-also, i don't rag on them hardly at all and never allow the sound to be distorted.
what makes you think giving a speaker less power then it can handle will keep it from blowing? Sometimes it's even worse for the speaker
Later,
Jared
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
also to add to jared its not the watts that matter is weather u matched up the ohms the right way and also did u buy them brand new? used? what if they werent broken in right? not to discredit ur opinion but u cant jsut say a speaker sucks cuz one set blew. now KOSS, i had three sets of those that blew so i can tell u they BLOW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
yea but underpowering wont blow the speaker, over powering, as much as as it is, defintly will. but hte biggest thing is usually when u start messin up on the Ohms, thats when the REAL fun begins
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
as for the sub issue,
i do plan on gettin a sub in the real near future. but its only going to be a 10" running off like 400 watts or so. i dont really want too much . just wanted ti replace the stock speaks and then get the sub ans be done w/ it.

as for like comps and stuff. that would be great and all but a bit more than i was wanting to spend.

and at this point im still a bit unsure on the infinity cuz i hear good bout infinity and pioneer so it seems that either way i go may not be a bad decision
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
if ur gonna go wtih a sub later on i would HIGHLY reccomend infity kappas, back when i had my other baby that i wracked i got them for 50 bucks a pair through someone who had some serious connections, i wish i could get them again. they are amazing highs just really not great wihtout subs,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
GreenStretRacer on Feb/10/04 said:
yea but underpowering wont blow the speaker, over powering, as much as as it is, defintly will. but hte biggest thing is usually when u start messin up on the Ohms, thats when the REAL fun begins
I'm definately not going to rule this out, but as far as a simple four speaker car audio system with a fair-good quality head unit, there shouldn't be any reason for the speaker to start sounding crappy within a month. They were bought new, and i actually picked them over the pioneer set i was looking at due to how they sounded...not sure if i regret that or not. You could have something with the ohm issue, never really thought of that but my rear speakers are a hell of alot louder than my front(some 6.5's made by kicker, those are halfway blown as well, but were like that when i bought the car), so in light of that it very well could be that my front and rear speakers have differant ohm ratings....hmm that could be really bad on my head unit ima gonna check that out.
Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I'll have to agree w/ GreenStretRacer. Kappa's all the way. I have a 4dr so my setup is a little different than most. You'll never replace your kappa's! (personal opinion of course) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
the only speaker i ever heard that was clearer then the kappa was focals, but those u might have to sell ur family into slavery to be able to afford them, good sets go for about 800 bucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
blazinxracer on Feb/11/04 said:
as for the sub issue,
i do plan on gettin a sub in the real near future. but its only going to be a 10" running off like 400 watts or so. i dont really want too much . just wanted ti replace the stock speaks and then get the sub ans be done w/ it.

as for like comps and stuff. that would be great and all but a bit more than i was wanting to spend.

and at this point im still a bit unsure on the infinity cuz i hear good bout infinity and pioneer so it seems that either way i go may not be a bad decision
Man do I have the sub for you
...lol...seriously though have a kicker comp 10 in my room it's old but works very good still...$35+shipping...let me know if your interested... think it handles [email protected]
Later,
Jared
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top