·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, please help my mechanic and I are stumped

—Short version:
-Car idles like it’s stuuer or misfire for first 1-2 min then idles fine
-Won’t go over 4000 RPM
-Feels like stuttering or misfiring when pressing on gas peddle a little, enough to maintain a speed if I don’t push it runs fine and if I push it a little more like to accelerate it runs great

—Long version below with details:
This is my first post I’m used to having new cars but my dad gave me his integra and IM IN LOVE WITH IT and people think I’m crazy. It’s a 1994 Integra LS 1.8 non Vtec Manuel trans. I’m asking for help because I’ve been keeping really good care of her BUT...... All the sudden I started it and it idled rough for 1-2 min then was fine next I noticed only when I press the gas enough to maintain any speed it would studder like it’s misfireing or something about 3-4 times a second THE BIGGEST THING is it won’t go over 4000 RPM in any gear even Neutral it stop and feels like it’s redline sometime like it studdering when driving but redline when in neutral. WORST OFF ALL THERE IS NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT and since it’s a 94 there no hook up for the computer I did do the paper lip but go no codes at all. My mechanic who’s amazing and has fixed everything else many other people have failed at in the past or tried to be lame something else and Charge an Arm A Leg AND MY FIRST BORN. This is what I’ve done since the problem
changed oil,
new spark plugs,
new wires,
checked ignition system,

I’ve put a cleaner in there to make sure it wasn’t a dirty injector he also did a good inspection

but no common idicators of why it’s doing this issue. Things I’ve done since I had the car I. The last year not the issue because car was running fine

New starter
New cap and roator
New exhaust from headers muffler( no clog)
New radiator
New master cylinder
New slave cylinder
New inner tire rods
New outer tire rods
New break pads front
New brake rotors front
New bumper
New tires

YES IVE POURED ALOT OF MONEY INTO THIS CAR BECAUSE I LOVE IT AND ITS MY FATERS GIFT SO IM sentimental about it please help

Mechanic doesn’t think it’s things that the computer check engine light would come on for if there was an issue like O2 censer, tps, etc.

Any ideas please help I’ll be eternally great full my integra family

1 - 3 of 3 Posts