Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install the comptech ice box in my 98 LS integra, and I'm running into a problem. I can seem to slide the bottom portion of the ice box into the car. I have a tight squeeze between the frame of the car and these two metal lines.

Can someone tell me what those lines are for, and if you have a comptech ice box how did you install it.

·
Registered
2000 GS-R
725 Posts
Ja, me too. It is a nice snug fit, but I don't remember ever having to actually move or bend anything.
Are you sure the IceBox is pushed all the way against the passenger side mount to make sure it is as far away from the lines as possible?
Did you ever have repair work done on that part of the AC?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last time I tried, I unbolted the holder for the lines and tired to push the a/c lines out of the way (without trying to damage them). Then I turned the box everyway I could and I tried to turn it the to the correct position, then the orange harness on the abs thingy is in the way. Would it be bad if I tried to undo those a/c lines and then install the box and then put the lines back together?

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
cheezthis on Jan/25/06 said:
It doesn't just go straight in. I usually remove the coolant reservoir from its holder first. That frees up a bit of space to move the icebox in. You'll have to turn it a bit back and forth make it entirely. It's actually quite easy compared to the CAI world.
IIRC the instructions say to remove the coolant reservoir. I know my Icebox installed much easier when I did that. The Icebox does take some wiggling and rotating but will eventually fit right in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.