Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here know how to install the rear lower tie bar. Is it just two bolts we have to take off to put it on or is it more than just two bolts???

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would have to say it's 6 bolts.
2 bolts on each side to remove the brake line holder.
And 1 bolt to remove the arm from the subframe. That's about it. Spray WD-40 the night before you work on it. I found that it's easier that way and helps soak into it so you can break it open with ease.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn I sound like I don't know s--t about this. Gonna get a friend to help me put it on. Thanks for the info. But does anyone know sites that will show pics along with instructions of how to install rear lower tie bar???

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
one piece of advice....use another jack! This 2nd jack will be used to hold the control arm in place to get the bolt thru. If you don't, you'll see why i recommend this.

·
Registered
684 Posts
hahaha yeah take LT6916's advice...

and keep the rear tires on...it helps push inthe LCA's.

Remember too.....you can only take out the bolts...the nuts are welded. Take out the bolts (rear side of the car).

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
dah, my Comptech one required me to drill eight holes (took two of us two hours to get this beeeyoch installed)

looks like the sway/tie bar "kit" is a heck of a lot easier to do since that tie bar uses existing bolts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I have an OBX rear lower bar sitting in my garage waiting for installation. is it really worth putting it on or is it just eye candy??? i have both uppers installed... will the extra support be noticeable?

·
Registered
345 Posts
hey TI. i'm trying to put on my DC Sports rear lower tie bar. i need some sort of instruction on how to put it on. i checked out the other threads but didnt find anything good. can someone help me?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
MorningZ on Aug/09/02 said:
dah, my Comptech one required me to drill eight holes (took two of us two hours to get this beeeyoch installed)

looks like the sway/tie bar "kit" is a heck of a lot easier to do since that tie bar uses existing bolts
yeah the comptech one was a pain, but I think the design gives it more support than the others.

Adam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts