Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making this thread a little more general with questions that probably will help other DIY JDM conversion people out there.

HELP:
- can i reuse my USDM headlights sockets? i got the lights but they are missing the sockets...
- what is the metal hose sticking out of the rad support? is that the power steering hose or the A/C hose? can i remove it without cutting the USDM middle rad support beam?
- will there be any conflict with the AC hose bracket or any other wiring conflict i should know?

- can i reuse USDM bumper support? YES
- can i reuse USDM fender liner? YES
- can i reuse my radiator? YES
- what else should i know/extra careful while doing the conversion?

thank you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You would have to cut the crap out of the support to make it fit under the bumper. I didn't reuse mine because of my intercooler.

The fender liners worked okay.

The radiator is the same

You will have to wire in the head lights and side markers. the plugs are diffrent.

The way I did my radiator suport is as a T. I drilling out the stock welds on each corner above the headlights and the center bottom. I then cut and left enought to over lap the two center braces behind the headlights toward the middle. I then trimed the metal on the ends of the of where the headlights go so they would clear. Then weld back in the stock spot weld locations and the over lapped braces. Everything else just bolts up.

You can see pictures of mine here

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i saw that version too, then i found another version from honda-tech (that's the article i lost, and finally found it again, it was in the archived section)

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1346217

the guy basically took out the entire radiator support?

which version is better? cut and weld? or take out the whole support and put on the JDM rad support?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I used the article on honda-tech. I took my entire radiator support off and welded the new one on. The conversion is fairly simple, it just takes time to do. The hardest part I would have to say is taking out the spot welds on the radiator support. Make sure you get a spot weld drill bit for that. Also I would suggest getting a 2nd Gen Integra (DA) hood realease cable, it is alot longer. The 3rd Gen Integra cable is too short, but you can use it if you get creative with it, but I think a 2nd Gen cable would be best.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I would just cut the top rad. support part off. Most people would say because you retain your stock spot welds on the bottom rad. support

·
Registered
707 Posts
and to help you out on the headlight wiring after your done...

*this pic is from an H-T article*

i think the link that i gave you on cspeed's website is not as detailed. i'll try to give you another one...

·
Registered
166 Posts
all i can say is drilling through the spot welds is a ***** and takes time, and also some muscle to break through them completely...

wiring isnt too hard, if you want a clean install youll need to buy the harnesses...passwordjdm.com has em.

make sure the rad support is perfectly aligned before you get it welded so things line up right. i currently just have my rad support bolted up until i get it welded.

getting the fenders to perfectly line up also takes some time..i forget what else...but its rewarding after.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Talk about aligning the rad support... do i or should i, get a "leveling ruler" (or whatever you call those ruler with a bubble thingy in it) and balance everything out first?

or it doesn't matter as long as i bolt the JDM rad support to the frame just like the USDM (cos USDM have 4 holes, 2 each side)?

thanks for all the infos!!! (and wow, i can't believe i missed the c-speed's article, but i thought their website went down...)

·
Registered
166 Posts
are you going to just bolt it or weld it? either way you should just make sure its aligned and be careful not to bend the jdm rad support.

some people say its fine to bolt up the rad permanently..i wouldnt..

·
Registered
299 Posts
How do you wire the headlights (non-hid)? I understand the diagram, but does that mean I have to cut the USDM, and get some wire connectors?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
EricDC2
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing