Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need your help. I left my house to go 275 miles to visit a friend in college. 250 miles out I was lighting a ciggarette and I looked up doing 100 mph and there was a rock the size of a milk crate staring me down. Anyways, I had just put new wheels on and I swerved to miss the wheel. The rock smashed into something on my axle/suspension and now the wheel is shaking like sh*t over 25 mph. I need your help fellas, if this has happened to anyone, please I need help! I AM STUCK 250 MILES AWAY FROM HOME!!!!!! I have about 250 bucks to fix this and a local mechanic but I need to know what the problem is. Thanks....

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
check the axle...if it has a kink or bend in it, you WILL fill it. same goes with the control arms.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
LT means FEEL it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I kinda understood that part. I mean can a local mechanic do that and if you know how much does it cost. Look if you read the message you understand the position im in. I really really need some help now.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i did read your message and i do know your in a hurry but it is very hard to diagnose what is wrong with a car when you are in the cars presense and about a thousand times harder when you are trying to figure it out over the internet. like i said before it has nothing to do with FILLING anything, there is nothing there that can be FILLED. he means that get under the car and check the axle and the control arms and FEEL if there is a kink in it.

yes a local mechanic can replace and axle or a lower control arm, the problem you are going to find is getting an axle or lower control arm. they are pricey. if i were you i would just take it to a mechanic and ask him whats wrong and see what he says.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks bud, I figure I am probably gonna have to get it towed all the way back 250 miles, god my back pockets gonna hate that. Is there any possibility it could be the CV boot cracking?? I mean I looked inside the axle and nothing seemed wrong. I looked at everything. Nothing bent, looked the exact same as the other side. Could it be a CV?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, by the way hoot, I am stuck in West Virginia. Coincidence?? I was just crossing the MD border , I am in Morgantown now.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
the cv boot cracking is not going to be making that bad of a problem. also the lower control arms could be damaged like LT suggested above as well. good idea having it towed back. if you dont know whats goin on with it then theres no reason to mess around with it. better to be safe than sorry in this situation.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man, I went and got it inspected, the thing is it happened last night at like 12 so I couldnt see my wheel and when I went back, the wheel was bent like sh*t, but the tire hadnt popped. In fact, both right wheels were bent and now I have to go and buy new Rotas, thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
108 Posts
you might jut have to get the wheel balancced again the rock probably knocked the weights off

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh no, the wheel is really bent, but the bead is fine. I took it to a tire shop and there is nothing they can do since it is aluminum. You cant bend aluminum it just breaks. So, 2 Rota's gone.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
at least it was only a wheel and not something REALLY important...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts