Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my check engine light comes on my car starts bucking when i reach 3100rpm, But it doesn't do it all the time and mosttimes when i cut the engine off and cut it back on the light goes off and it drives fine. It was happenming once a week and know its doing it like 1 out of 3 times i get in my car the light comes on after about ten minutes and i cant go over like 65 miles per hour. I know that's not a good description but that's the best i could do. I have no Idea what it could be and my friend said it could be my map sensor going bad. any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I could be two things that i can think of.

one .....the distributor. Check the cap and rotor to see if they are in good working order. If you have access to a spare distributor, change it out to test and see if that is the culprit.

Two .....it could be the crank angle sensor, which is a failry common part to fail on the G1 Integra. Its is the solenoid peice attached at the end of the exhaust camshaft.

failer of either of this peices can cause the bucking, and CEL warning that you speak of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts