Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to cut my antenna wire since i never use it in my g3. I only listen to CDs and i dont like the look of the 40 foot antenna...so i opened uup the driver side door panel and found 2 yellow wires with green. one isa thicker wire and has a thicker green stripe and the other is thinner and has a thinner green strip....i noticed that like all the wires have silver marks on them? any help and iwould greatly appreciate it....Thanks in advanced!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure what u mean....wheres teh connector at? i dont know how to take the trunk apart to get to the motor...i am going to put a on off switch in....i just need to know which one to splice the wire into for the switch...i dont have a current deelie...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i already looked at that....it doesnt say if its the thick wire with the thicker green stripe or if its the thin wire with the thinner green stripe....so does anyone know which one??

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
how about actually testing it? which is something you should ALWAYS do anyways

it'll show:
12v with radio on
nothing or ground with radio off

if you blindly go cutting and splicing wires w/o testing, you are just asking for trouble

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont have one of those current deelies though....but no one has cut the wire there? i would do it from behind the radio but i dont know how to take it out...unles it involves taking the under steering wheel panel out and all the pannels around the radio....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i didnt see your post until after and u are one of the main people on here and that was your article on the bypass switch so i thuoght u would know....sorry

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i didnt know that and i didnt wanna say something like that if he wasnt and some one else was....but i figured i out...thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts