Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone around the kzoo area have a helms manual I can borrow real quick? Trying to figure out with the output shaft isn't turning once I get both bell housing cases tight. When they aren't all the way bolted up, the output shaft will spin freely...

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HollowellReid on Feb/15/06 said:
He wants a Helms, not a chiltons or some such thing....a Helms is essentially the factory manual.
Yeah, or atleast some info on reassmblying the tranny. Like if there are any special tricks you need to do to get the output shaft to turn freely with all the bolts down.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
check your clearences between your gears and the shim that snaps into the top bearing. if it spins freely when the case is too tight, but there's tension when the case is bolted together, you its more than likely a clearence issue.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, that is what we've been doing...now with the shim that snaps into the top bearing, what exactly are you talking about. is that the one directly beneath the top bearing with the tap?? if it is, how does it snap into the top bearing. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Here's a picture of the shim that has to be measured

Here is a chart to see if your shim's thickness is within factory spec or you need to replace it.

if you need larger images let me know, i have the whole honda manual on my computer.

Here is the snap-ring I was referring to earlier.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bam bam...got it FINALLY. We got to the point of only having the main shaft in and the reverse ideler gear/shaft. I said that we should take out the reverse ideler and it would spin freely. So with further investigation, we found out that the shaft needed to be "pressed" into the hole alittle further, otherwise the case would push on the shaft which would be load on the reverse gear onto the main shaft. So we solved it, thanks everyone for the help and for that site to download the manuals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.