Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys buy your helmet at to compete in the drag races. I now that I have to run faster than a 14 in the drag strip in order to be require to wear a approve helmet. I have a 97 turbo gsr and i think i might hit faster than 14. I want to be prepare when i go to the test n tune so that i don't have to leave early if I go faster than 14s.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Contact the sanctioning body, they'll be able to tell you their specific requirements for the time bracket you hope to run in.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
here in Jersey you have to wear a helmet any time u race...even if your car runs 22's. I think thats a good idea because sometimes you are lined up next to a 13, 12 or 11 second car that could loose it and wind up in your lane. Get a helmet anyway and always wear it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
might look up what standards the helmet needs to be. Snell 2000 or snell 2005.
Make sure they allow open face helmets. I know I was at a raceway doing a driving event and they allowed open face +eye protection. It all depends on the group/track putting the event on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.