Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bfore you delete this, it isnt about my heatshield rattling.. its more, how do I get the top part of the shield off, around the o2 sensor? I got the bottom off, and the top is just loose, and rattling horribly.. any help qould be greatly appreciated. Thanks..

·
Registered
273 Posts
if its on the cat, just take the cat off. if you put the wires down a little, they will pop out of the plug fitting. put the wires down till you see the connector. disconnect it and put the cat out. then you can take the surrounding heat sheild off. if you asking about the heatsheild on the cat above the cat. just take the cat out, and it makes it easier to remove that sheild. it will help if you can get your hands on a air gun. the bolts might be tight as hell. hope this helps

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bwahahhaha, I was in this situation about two weeks ago my friend. I can relate. There are two o2 sensors up there, at least on the obd2 computer tegs. You got the bottom off and you thought you were done no? I as well, I was excited when the bottom went "clang' on the driveway, I thought "no more rattling." How wrong I was. I had to drive around for 2 days with that stupid top thing just sitting up there and being held on by the o2 sensors. I was so pissed, my car sounded like crap.

So enough of this stalling, I'm sure you want to know how to get it off. I tried cutting it with wire cutters but that damn thing was too hard to cut. So here's the answer; pipe cutter. Do you know what that is? It's a little tool and on the end is a disc that spins and all you have to do is cut around both of those o2 sensors, unless you are obd1 then you only have 1. Then bend it a little bit and the thing slides right off. I soaked it in gasoline and had a grand time watching the son of a ***** burn. Oh man, that was great to finally see that thing off of my teg. It is inferior and does not belong there....

Hope you liked my story

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uhm, one of my o2 sensors is in the header, and has nothing to do with the heatshield, im jsut gonna drop the cat when I get home form work tomorrow, so far, all of my bolts have been fairly easy to remove, so the 6 holdingthe cat shouldnt be too hard with a little wd-40 and muscle

·
Registered
713 Posts
they should have a article on this site showing how to take it off since its a common problem. i want to take mine off too but i have no idea how.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You're obd1 if you only have 1 o2 sensor. Like I said, just cut around it and it will slide right off.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, I have a odb2, one is in the header, one is in the cat.. I got it off nonetheless, took tinsnips, some cuts, then a little bit of man to pull it off, and finally... NO MORE RATTLING! thank god..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts