Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heater blower is acting really strange lately and I dont know why. When I turn the knob to turn on the blower, nothing happens. However, if the knob is turned on, and I push and hold this little rubber piece (i'll explain) the fan kicks in and works... but oNLY if I keep pressure on the rubber piece.

Now, the rubber piece is located on the left side of where the wires plug into the little silver dome at the bottom of the white case under the passenger side dash board. It's black, and small in size. Probably 1 cm wide, and 0.5 cm high.

I have no idea what that little rubber piece has to do with anything! Does anyone know what I have to do to fix this problem? I mean, the motor seems to work fine when I press the rubber, and I checked the resistor and it looks fine. I also dont know how to remove the white case to check it out. I have a 91 LS. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, as I know there are some teg junkies out there that know almost everything!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
well the little silver dome is the fan motor, as best as i can understand from your description. those are the power wires. looks like you may have a cracked wire or something. pull your fan and do a continuity test in the fan motor.

do a search fro fan blower/fan. i explained how to remove it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Don't mean to jump into your thread Minor, but I was curious about the a/c not blowing when I put it on the first click (its still on because I can feel the load on the engine) yet blows normal on 2-4. Anybody know about THAT?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey paymepunk, thanks a ton for the reply bro.. Ive tried to remove the blower... but I encountered a couple problems: one, I cant seem to get the silver knee bolster thing off right under where the glove box is. I get the 2 bolts off of the right side, but I cant find where it comes off from the left side. Need some help there ;)

Also, I did read that post where you explained how to take it out, a while back.. But now it seems as tho the pictures you posted dont show anymore!! It was an awesome post, but the pics would helpa great deal. Thanks again!

·
Registered
170 Posts
90_DA_Teg on Feb/19/04 said:
Don't mean to jump into your thread Minor, but I was curious about the a/c not blowing when I put it on the first click (its still on because I can feel the load on the engine) yet blows normal on 2-4. Anybody know about THAT?
Blower motor resistor...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts