Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some heat wraps. But i hear bad things and good things about them. I have a integra with DC sports headers 4 to 1 i need to get some good opinions should i put them on. I hear that it will eat the headers up from to much heat and then i hear that only happens if they are cheap headers.

I really dont know???

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i read that but that is the only web sit that says anything about wraps. I would like to know if anybody has tryed them out on there headers.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya theye are creamic coated but the actual header is stainless steal. if i wrap my cold air intake do u think it would make a diffrence.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya but i have the wrap so i rather do somthing with it im not going to fuk my headers up. ill just wrap my intake and see if that sh*t wrks.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Props to the man who tries new things...

Just try it out. But 1 or 2 horsies isn't really going to be felt by the infamous butt dyno.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Actually, this is from tuan's intake tech article on hondavision

He uses an Iceman CAI made for a SOHC VTEC (tapered 3.5 in. OD to 2.75 ) in that 11 sec Integra LS VTEC with an Endyn ported head, Jun 3 cams, high compression, and SMSP header. He wraps the intake with 2 layers: header wrap and then reflective tape (like Kooltape) . He claims that this manoever gained 1-2 whp throughout the rpm range. Funny thing is when I talked to Knight Engineering, the makers of the Iceman, they said that their intake (made of plastic) does not need wrapping. Jeff isn't the only one doing this.

·
Registered
631 Posts
doesn't using heat wraps on headers void the warranty depending on which brand of wrap and or header? i though i read it somewhere, in a magazine... correct me if i'm wrong...

·
Registered
549 Posts
I removed the heat shield from my headers and thought about wrapping them, guess Ill veer away from that and just make headers my next purchase.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
ultraspeedefro on Aug/14/02 said:
ya theye are creamic coated but the actual header is stainless steal.
It's not stainless steel, it's mild steel, and will crack if you wrap it. The only headers that are worth wrapping are cast iron manifolds like the stock JDM ITR. The others that are ceramic coated or stainless steel won't see any benefits.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well i guess i'll unwrap mine. I only wrapped two of the four pipes to reduce engine compartment temperature. I haven't had any problems and my ****pit area has been alot cooler..

·
Registered
107 Posts
ive had header wrap on my car for about 4 months and its been fine. i also have a cheap hp racing 4-2-1 header that i payed $30 for so i could care less if it snapped in half.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
b20c1 on May/26/04 said:
ive had header wrap on my car for about 4 months and its been fine. i also have a cheap hp racing 4-2-1 header that i payed $30 for so i could care less if it snapped in half.
why does that not sound so re-assuring to people with headers they paid more for? 4 months...

what is someone supposed to do with this info that you gave?

not exactly the most helpful or useful info....

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Those worried about the heat from the header soaking the intake piping/filter, could buy $10 worth of alluminum sheetmetal and use some brain power to fab a heatshield.

Cheaper than headerwrap, not only in initial cost.. but also in the cost of having to replace your expensive aftermarket header.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts